Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

My neighbours are at it again.

danny la rouge

More like *fanny* la rouge!
Those of you with no life of your own might remember that my neighbours stole my vacuum cleaner battery ( Post in thread 'Very dull hoover thread'
Very dull hoover thread) , and possibly my DVLA documents. Well, they're at it again.

We were away recently at my nephew's wedding in the Staffordshire badlands and after driving back decided to have a cup of tea and a sandwich. My wife went to the fridge and found, in the top covered compartment in the door, a pair of her socks. (I'm sorry to report they are trainer socks. Look, what can I do? She has to make her own decisions in life).

Now, we have a pulley dryer above that part of the kitchen. And trainer socks, being ridiculous items, do fall off it. But into the fridge? Into a covered compartment?

We concluded one of our adult daughters, who both have keys, had let themselves in and played an hilarious joke on us.

We decided not to mention it, to serve them right. But after some days, and several visits from said girls, no reference had been made to the socks. So my wife asked them. Both deny any knowledge.

"When you have eliminated the impossible whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth". Therefore the neighbours have once again broken in and are gaslighting us. It's intolerable. This campaign just keeps ramping up.

Those of you with no life of your own might remember that my neighbours stole my vacuum cleaner battery ( Post in thread 'Very dull hoover thread'
Very dull hoover thread) , and possibly my DVLA documents. Well, they're at it again.

We were away recently at my nephew's wedding in the Staffordshire badlands and after driving back decided to have a cup of tea and a sandwich. My wife went to the fridge and found, in the top covered compartment in the door, a pair of her socks. (I'm sorry to report they are trainer socks. Look, what can I do? She has to make her own decisions in life).

Now, we have a pulley dryer above that part of the kitchen. And trainer socks, being ridiculous items, do fall off it. But into the fridge? Into a covered compartment?

We concluded one of our adult daughters, who both have keys, had let themselves in and played an hilarious joke on us.

We decided not to mention it, to serve them right. But after some days, and several visits from said girls, no reference had been made to the socks. So my wife asked them. Both deny any knowledge.

"When you have eliminated the impossible whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth". Therefore the neighbours have once again broken in and are gaslighting us. It's intolerable. This campaign just keeps ramping up.

Did you give them a key? (Some people do tht with neighbours. I'm far too paranoid to do that personally)

Which? had a recent feature on webcams - the indoor ones they recommend were surprisingly cheap. I'll find a couple if that helps - you can surreptitiously let the neighbours know if you're going away.

Very dull hoover thread) ,
and possibly my DVLA documents. Well, they're at it again.

1721651049246.png
Revenge is a pair of trainer socks best served cold :hmm:

No. This lot? Fuck that. A friend in a tenement opposite has them though.

I suspect they had copies made when the previous occupant was here.
If you really think some people you don't like or trust have a key to your place, surely you need to get the locks changed?

But also I put things in places without meaning to just because I was doing two things at once, and I expect it to only get worse with age...

If you really think some people you don't like or trust have a key to your place, surely you need to get the locks changed?

But also I put things in places without meaning to just because I was doing two things at once, and I expect it to only get worse with age...
Obviously one of us has picked up fallen socks while putting something else in the fridge and absent-mindedly put the socks in while doing it. But there’s no way I’m admitting that.

Maybe there was a mix up with the exit portal from the washing machine and they ended up there instead of wherever they normally go.

Very recently Mrs Q complained that she had lost one of her pairs of reading glasses only for me to find them in the cupboard in the utility room that houses things like laundry baskets and washing line pegs. She swears blind she has no idea how they got in there. Perhaps you and I are victims of the same conspiracy where some shadowy government agency is conducting experiments on us by secretly moving items around the home to see how we might react.

Very recently Mrs Q complained that she had lost one of her pairs of reading glasses only for me to find them in the cupboard in the utility room that houses things like laundry baskets and washing line pegs. She swears blind she has no idea how they got in there. Perhaps you and I are victims of the same conspiracy where some shadowy government agency is conducting experiments on us by secretly moving items around the home to see how we might react.
Like the one that was doing experiments in twins and triplets as uncovered in Three Identical Strangers! That’s it!

I came home from work once and went to make a coffee, and found I had no milk in the fridge. I lived alone so no one else could have touched it. My first thought was I was just and idiot and had used the last of it in the morning and forget, but I checked the rubbish and there was no empty milk bottle.

Eventually I found it the the cupboard with my cups, so no it wasn't me being an idiot but some unknown person had broke in and moved it.

Poltergeist?
On a walking holiday in Iceland I stayed at a bunkhouse that had been converted from an old farmhouse that was reputed to be haunted by a poltergeist which moved things around.
I washed half a dozen pairs of socks and as there weren't any clothes pegs I tied them on washing line to dry overnight. The next morning they were all on the floor. It hadn't been at all windy so I could only think it might have been the poltergeist.

Back
Top Bottom