Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mussolini signs for Lazio

Obviously he is a fascist. His mum is a well-known fascist. "Apolitical" my arse, that is lazy reporting if the guardian journo reported that. I won't bother opening it cos I've already read the story in the Italian press. What the Lazio fans are no doubting creaming themselves over is the opportunity to chant his (sur)name once stadiums fill up again. Imagine this, but with Mussolini.

I'm a bit confused as to why you think Lazio want to weed out fascists from their club. Fascism is absolutely intrinsic to Lazio and given it's not exactly getting less fashionable I'm not sure why they'll see having a Mussolini in the squad as a problem, nor want to 'weed out' a huge portion of their fanbase
So does that mean when we used to do 'Goooooooooooooooooo Laziooooooooooo' like they did on the telly, we were unwittingly shouting on a fascist club..? :eek:

Last edited:
Right back? Surprised he's not going to be deployed on the right wing...

I suppose with what happened to grandad he would always be a defender; hanging around the edge of the opposition box would probably bring back too many bad memories.

His mum says that both she and he are apolitical, no interest. Won't stop his name from being a rallying call for the same people who cheered Di Canio giving the Roman salute though.

IIRC Di Canio managed Sunderland, indeed saved them from going down.

My mate, a Sunderland supporter, described his management style as 'by hand grenade'.

IIRC Di Canio managed Sunderland, indeed saved them from going down.

My mate, a Sunderland supporter, described his management style as 'by hand grenade'.

Indeed he did. I think it was at Villa the home supporters had a banner saying "Your grandad didn't play for fascists, he shot them."

Back
Top Bottom