Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mr.Inbetween (TV series 2018-2021)

mojo pixy

שיר חדש
I just want to offer a heads up on this, it's a 3-season story in half-hour episodes, it's inspired by a film called The Magician. It's an Australian series about a doorman who moonlights as a hit man (or vice-versa) while taking care of a brother with MND and fathering his young daughter. Excellent performances all round, and as with a lot of Aussie stuff it's also the darkest kind of comedy. Funny, touching, compulsive, unexpectedly moral despite the subject matter - all in all one of the best things I've seen recently.

Also easily torrentable, so get to it. You won't regret it :thumbs:

Mr Inbetween

Trailer here

Last edited:
I've had this in my Plex server for ages after getting a recommendation from a mate a while back. I watched the first episode but didn't really get into it so will try again. It is supposed to be very good.

I stumbled across it, or rather snippets on YouTube and ended up watching it when we had Disney+ for a month

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think it was cancelled by the network, but I've also heard the the lead actor, who's also the writer, felt like he'd done enough with the character and the last episode does, sort of, finish and gives a sensible ending

This is excellent. I've munched through S01 and half of S02 in a week or so. Very, very funny but also sad and violent and relatable. Highly recommend.

Searched to see if there was a thread on this series and ... bingo!

Came across it by chance, watched a few clips on Youtube and joined Disney+ to binge it this weekend as free and being lazy.

It's just excellent I think. A lovely mix of moments of dark comedy with a harsh and interesting storyline. The main character is just fantastic.

Yea it's brilliant. Saw this on the Aussie fx nextwork a little while back. It's streamable online too with a little searching.

Watching this on Disney plus.
I'm not usually a binger, but I am really whacking through Mr Inbetween. Glorious stuff, tense, tragic, funny. It's subject matter (mob / hitmen / underworld) that not only disinterests me, but I generally dislike, but this is genius.

That smile.

I'm going to be sad when I get to the end.

Last edited:
Watching this on Disney plus.
I'm not usually a binger, but I am really whacking through Mr Inbetween. Glorious stuff, tense, tragic, funny. It's subject matter (mob / hitmen / underworld) that not only disinterests me, but I generally dislike, but this is genius.

That smile.

I'm going to be sad when I get to the end.
Oh it's so good eh? I haven't had a proper TV in over 20 years, that's how little I watch. As soon as I saw S1E1, I binged the entire thing 'til it was done. Then watched it again.

Eh, It's alright.

The only thing I am not liking so far is the woman interviewing him about his work. . . . but I have yet to see how that pans out.

Yeah - finished this several weeks ago.
Great stuff!
Particularly impressed by the actor Nicolas Cassim who plays Ray's brother.
Had to check if he really did suffer from motor neuron disease or not!
Watched it after Barry ended.
I wasn't sure on watching another Hitman series so soon.
Glad that I did...

Watched it after Barry ended.
I wasn't sure on watching another Hitman series so soon.
Glad that I did...

I started off double heading this with Barry, but I think I might have only done three eps of Barry and almost finished Mr Inbetween.
It's very well done, tightly written. It's the right length. It doesn't rely on gore or action.
I don't often heap so much praise on a TV show, but it's just straight enjoyable, I look forward to watching it rather than putting it on just to pass the time.

I started off double heading this with Barry, but I think I might have only done three eps of Barry and almost finished Mr Inbetween.
It's very well done, tightly written. It's the right length. It doesn't rely on gore or action.
I don't often heap so much praise on a TV show, but it's just straight enjoyable, I look forward to watching it rather than putting it on just to pass the time.
Yeah - Mr Inbetween takes a more naturalistic approach.
All the characters are believable.
I would gladly watch again..

For those who have not seen it...
Useful for lots of other stuff too..
Hope the link works!

Last edited:
Barry seemed decent enough, I think I just got hooked on Mr in-between too much.

I've had a good run this month. I really enjoyed Severance, Peacemaker and now this.

Yeah Mr Inbetween was such an enjoyable watch. I started Barry but didn't stick with it but flew through Mr I

Well, just to get as much exposure as possible for this show...in case you somehow haven't watched this, you really, really must.

It's funny, it's banal, it's touching, it has multiple important things to say about the human condition, its full of awful violence and lovely relationships and is about the best thing I've watched in... honestly, possibly ever. Incredible.

Back
Top Bottom