Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Movies that you didn't see because they don't exist

hitmouse

so defeated, thinks it's funny
Do you have any favourites? For instance, I reckon that if Joe Orton had made Up Against It with the Beatles, I reckon I might well quite like it, but unfortunately it doesn't exist and so I have never seen it and have no feelings about it either way. While checking to remember what it was called, found this list, which might be handy if you don't already have any favourite non-existent films: Best Films Never Made Archives - One Room With A View
I was vaguely thinking there must be a Nick Cave script that also ranked as one of my favourite films that I've never seen and no-one else has either, and looking through that list reminded me that I was thinking of his idea for Gladiator 2 where Maximus lives forever and ends up working at the Pentagon:

Anyone else got any favourite films that neither you, nor any other human being alive or dead, has ever seen?

Do you have any favourites? For instance, I reckon that if Joe Orton had made Up Against It with the Beatles, I reckon I might well quite like it, but unfortunately it doesn't exist and so I have never seen it and have no feelings about it either way. While checking to remember what it was called, found this list, which might be handy if you don't already have any favourite non-existent films: Best Films Never Made Archives - One Room With A View
I was vaguely thinking there must be a Nick Cave script that also ranked as one of my favourite films that I've never seen and no-one else has either, and looking through that list reminded me that I was thinking of his idea for Gladiator 2 where Maximus lives forever and ends up working at the Pentagon:

Anyone else got any favourite films that neither you, nor any other human being alive or dead, has ever seen?
When I heard about the Gladiator 2 concept, I thought it sounded suspiciously like the 'Black Hawk' comic strip after it transferred from Tornado to 2000AD :hmm:

Gums - the sad story of a toothless shark :(
A strip in Monster Fun from 1976 onwards 🤣

ETA: Beach towel currently on sale

I am waiting for the next spin off from breaking bad which will be much better than better call saul, which was about 73 times better than the original show.

This one will be all and only about Mike Ehrmantraut, from circa 1946 to the present day. At least 100 episodes required.
His backstory, his time as a Bad Cop, what happened with his son, and his progression into the deadly sniper and cosy woodworking uncle we know and love. I think this will happen.

I am waiting for the next spin off from breaking bad which it will be much better than better call saul, which was about 73 times better than the original show.

This one will be all and only about Mike Ehrmantraut, from circa 1946 to the present day. At least 100 episodes required. His backstory, his time as a Bad Cop, what happened with his son, and his progression into the deadly killer and cosy woodworking uncle we know and love. I think this will happen.
I doubt Jonathan Banks has got enough time left for this to happen

David Fincher's Rendezvous with Rama

Steven Spielberg's Night Skies (which still seeded the premise for E.T., Poltergeist and one aspect of Gremlins)

David Lynch's Ronnie Rocket

i just learned that a thing exists called 'Doctor of Humane Letters' which he (Banks/ Ehrmintraut) very deservedly has been awarded.

Stanley Kubrick's Napoleon.

A three hour epic staring David Hemmings and Audrey Hepburn as Napoleon and Josephine, featuring Alec Guinness, Laurence Olivier plus 40,000 Romanian soldiers and 10,000 cavalry as extras to give the mass battles the scale they deserved.

Killed off by the studio after the 1970 Waterloo was a flop.

The second, third and fourth Matrix films, which were kaiboshed by someone allegedly from a dystopian future telling the production team about what would happen.

Stanley Kubrick's Napoleon.

A three hour epic staring David Hemmings and Audrey Hepburn as Napoleon and Josephine, featuring Alec Guinness, Laurence Olivier plus 40,000 Romanian soldiers and 10,000 cavalry as extras to give the mass battles the scale they deserved.

Killed off by the studio after the 1970 Waterloo was a flop.
They do exist though

Charlie Kaufman's completely straightforward and linear adaptation of The Orchard Thief.

As far as I know, none of Christopher Brookmyre's novels have been filmed, apart from a TV version of Quite Ugly One Morning, which was pretty awful. Maybe that's a sign that they're unfilmable -- after all, that one's the shortest and simplest, and they still had to cut and conflate things, or felt they had to. But I've always felt that Brookmyre had an eye on a film version when writing, and there are times when I can almost persuade myself I've seen A Big Boy Did It And Ran Away.

"Theodora" a Scorsese project with a script by Gore Vidal - about the Byzantine empress. According to Vidal in a 1994 interview: It was his idea, but my sort of subject. Theodora, a prostitute, marries the emperor Justinian and, between them, they restore the Roman Empire. We’re waiting on new technology, to show battle scenes without “Ben-Hur” prices. The “Jurassic Park” special-effects people are involved, I gather.

David Fincher's Rendezvous with Rama

Steven Spielberg's Night Skies (which still seeded the premise for E.T., Poltergeist and one aspect of Gremlins)

David Lynch's Ronnie Rocket
I don't remember much happening in the original novel of Rendezvous with Rama - they'd have to come up with something new for the script.

I don't remember much happening in the original novel of Rendezvous with Rama - they'd have to come up with something new for the script.
They would have had to beef up the characters and the plot as the novel is simply one of exploration but that's why you'd get a filmmaker like David Fincher in.

Back
Top Bottom