Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Morrissey: September 2024 interview

PR1Berske

Alligator in chains by the park gates.
I'll link to the Guardian article here: Morrissey claims release of new album ‘gagged’ over song about 2017 Manchester bombing

I don't imagine that I need to provide too much comment on this latest outpouring of guff, twaddle, and general piffle, because it's all fartjuice of the highest stench. In the spirit of giving a general impression, here's some quotes:

Morrissey has claimed that the release of his 14th solo album, Bonfire of Teenagers, has been “gagged” owing to the subject of its title track, the 2017 terrorist attack on an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester that killed 22 people.

Morrissey, 65, has been performing the song live since 2022. It features lyrics about a teenage girl being “vapourised”; about how “the silly people sing Don’t Look Back in Anger / And the morons swing and say Don’t Look Back in Anger / I can assure you I will look back in anger ’til the day I die,” a reference to the street singalongs of the Oasis track in the wake of the bombing. The song concludes with Morrissey singing “go easy on the killer”.

“Controversial means intelligent, doesn’t it? We are still in the grip of Idiot Culture, it’s everywhere you look. Naturally I’m one of the first to be gagged since my entire life has relied on free speech. No, I wouldn’t remove the title song because I wouldn’t abandon the murdered kids of Manchester. Their spirits cry out every single day for remembrance and recognition.”

He referred to Bonfire of Teenagers as “the best album of my life” and claimed that “the madly insane efforts to silence the album are somehow indications of its power.

Imagine being murdered or maimed in a terrorist attack and then having that cunt write a song about you. Literally adding insult to injury.
As I said elsewhere, he can fuck all the way off sneering at people for singing Don't Look Back in Anger after the silence the day after the bombing. What did he expect us to do, burn down some mosques while singing National Front Disco? As for being gagged, maybe people just don't want to work with you because you're a penis, Steven.

Reactions: Ax^
Back
Top Bottom