Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Michael Phelps!!!

^^^There arent rolly eyes big enough.:rolleyes:

The man is a TITAN!

Dont playa hate people, put your scorn and cynicism away and start working towards a breeding a British equivalent.

Consider it your national duty.

Since my last post, have you mated with a very tall strapping woman with gigantors for family members?

If not, then I beg you, no more haytin' till you have.

The way I see it is that if there were four different ways to run down an athletics track then guys like Michael Johnson and Carl Lewis would have four times more medals than they did win.

Actually 5 times as many if you count the medley.

Yes he's the greatest swimmer the worlds ever seen, but its not worth so many golds.

I'm in awe of this guy. I really, really, really hope we don't find out in 3 years that it was all performance-enhancing substances over talent, because he's just a wonder to watch. So much better than everybody else, it's incredible!!

The way I see it is that if there were four different ways to run down an athletics track then guys like Michael Johnson and Carl Lewis would have four times more medals than they did win.

Actually 5 times as many if you count the medley.

Ridiculous statement. All the different swimming strokes require using different parts of the body and having different techniques, just because you are a good freestyle swimmer doesn't mean you're going to be a good backstroker. Why didn't Johnson learn to run the marathon or do the steeplechase, I mean it's only running? :rolleyes:

My net connection has taken from the beginning of the race until now to fire up :mad:

That was an insane finish, I would like to see that ultra slow-mo quite a few times more please :eek: :hmm:

He actually looks quite emotional...

On another, much less respectable, note, I'm quite a fan of the dresses those ladies in the background are wearing :oops:

Yeah, and I think that one meant a lot anyway because it was the one that equalled Spitz's record. It's probably quite a relief really!

5Live just reported that the Serbians are contesting the finish. The reporter was saying that it could be the case that the Serbian (I forget his name) touched the wall first but Phelps, finishing faster, hit the pads with more pressure and so it registered faster, or something.

One of them said "there is no way Phelps got to the wall first", but they're doubtful as to whether the appeal will be upheld. Need to see an underwater shot apparently.

I've got to admit I didn't think he made it, even when they first showed the replay. You could tell one of the commentators wasn't sure either.

It'd be a brave official who upheald the appeal, but I don't think it's an out of hand dismissal :hmm:

It was really close no doubt, and phelps wasn't even in the top 3 half way through, dunno how he caught up. I just feel that phelps got it.

Back
Top Bottom