Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Michael Phelps!!!

Despite all the hype, I think Michael Phelps is more likeable and less arrogant than Ian Thorpe was in his final years of swimming.

Thorpe has been trying to play down all the hype and big talk about 8 golds.

I almost wish Phelps would do it just to show Ian Thorpe.

Highlights of the race are on the multiscreen Trippy. In Day 2 News round up.

Because of the insane pace of swimming meet schedules, its hard to get a repeat of a race! Which is annoying!

He won his 200m butterfly and for the final 100m his goggles were filled with water :eek:

This guy is just awesome, in the true sense of the world. Awe inspiriing.

He won his 200m butterfly and for the final 100m his goggles were filled with water :eek:

He's just a fast swimmer, there's one every Olympics and there'll prob be a another better one in London.

I have no doubts that he'll get 8 golds.
There's still a couple of relays, where it's not totally in his hands. We saw in the first one how close he came to losing.

Pfft, he was going in a straight line, what does he really need to see for anyway? :p

Just seen Ryan Lochte go in the 200 IM semis.

He is not going to roll over for Phelps to get the full set of medals :) Should be a cracking final.

Despite all the hype, I think Michael Phelps is more likeable and less arrogant than Ian Thorpe was in his final years of swimming.

Thorpe has been trying to play down all the hype and big talk about 8 golds.

I almost wish Phelps would do it just to show Ian Thorpe.

Exactly my thoughts as well:D

He thought he was a dolphin with them massive feet of his....ARSE!!!!:D

Just seen Ryan Lochte go in the 200 IM semis.

He is not going to roll over for Phelps to get the full set of medals :) Should be a cracking final.

Personally that fella Cseh has a bigger chance, he took Phelps all the way to the end in the Butterfly final.

i'm fed up with hearing about him tbh. get over yourself and do something a bit more useful than swim fast in the water.

i'm fed up with hearing about him tbh. get over yourself and do something a bit more useful than swim fast in the water.

yeah, I'd be far more impressed if he swam fast on land or through the air

Gabby Logan and Steve Parry were saying that with warm ups, swim downs, heats and finals, Michael will have swam 60 miles this week.

I guess thats where the 12,000 calories goes!

Love your line about him being 4th in the country table Maggot! :D All hail The Republic of Phelps!

Back
Top Bottom