Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Michael Palin an appreciation

He certainly sounds like one lovely bloke. What I've heard of this, it had me in stitches and not just the Monty Python clips. He also reminisces about his likes and influences. This is just ripping yarns.
All episodes here:

I hope they stick his Around the World in 80 days series back up on iplayer. That was a great watch.

Last edited:
Enjoyed the first book of his diaries 69-79., not got round to the rest yet. Always seems like a good bloke

I remember on one of his travels the only way to wash was to take a shower.

But the shower involved getting naked and in a shed where a bloke then hosed you down with a hosepipe of cold water.

Fair play to Palin, he did it, and live on TV also :) :(

I hope they stick his Around the World in 80 days series back up on iplayer. That was a great watch.

It was on tv recently and I saved it to the box.
Brilliant series...and not just touristy. The episode where he gets served a snake for dinner and they bring it out onto the restaurant floor and skin it alive in front of him was pretty gruesome.

It wasn't a cozy, pretty, comfortable travel show. His experiences were very real and you got the sense that he was up for anything.

I would have loved if Michael Palin and Keith Floyd had made a travel / food programme together.
It would have been organised chaos but highly enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom