Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Maternity leave and accrued holiday

Thora

Differently Ethical
I'm currently on ml from a 35 hour a week job. My ml ends on the 22nd April. My holiday year runs Jan-Dec. When I return to work I will be working 18 hours.

Have I accrued holiday from 1st January to 22nd April based on 35 hours a week? So about 60 hours I think.
And then if I accrue holiday from 22nd April to 31st December based on the 18 hour week, I this k that is 70 hours.
So can I use the whole 130hours between 22nd April and 31st December?

with part time work, it can sometimes be simpler to think in terms of your holiday entitlement as X week's paid holiday, and therefore X times however many hours a week you work.

you will also need to establish what they do about bank holidays (assuming they are not already rolled in to your annual leave entitlement)

if you go part time, many places work on the basis that you also get bank holiday leave pro rata and irrespective of whether or not the bank holiday falls on a day you'd normally work (this makes it fairer as most bank holidays are Mondays and some part timers will do every Monday, some won't ever do Mondays) so this will add a further layer of complication.

I'm going from 35 hours over 5 days to 18 hours over 2 days so thought it was simpler to think in hours?
My entitlement is the minimum i think 28 days including bhs but i wont be working Mondays.

I dropped my hours and had a years worth of leave to take when I went back, it was really hard trying to take everything I'd accrued because I was working less hours so I tacked half the leave onto the end of my ml and still have 22hrs left to take by the end of march.

Back
Top Bottom