Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Margate/Ramsgate/Broadstairs, much happening?

Northern Uproar

They call me Beever
Hello

I'm moving to the seaside and have been trying to do my research on what the night life etc is like and can't really find much.

Does anyone have any experience of going out down there? It won't be often but I still like to go out, catch a gig, see some decent music, back room pub Dj's and the like.

Just looking for some helpful pointers, where's good for a drink and of course, where to avoid.

I haven't got high expectations as I'm not moving down there for the night life.

Cheers in advance

NU

Funnily enough I'm in Ramsgate right now! Just stopped off sailing from Gosport to Kiel, waiting for favourable tides. Leaving at 0330.

Seems pretty nice, down by the harbour.

I'm going for a wander, I'll report back later :)

I wouldn't ideally want to live in any of those places if you paid me - very economically depressed, poor jobs market, very insular.
I live in London and would like to move a bit out from where I am now, but the places you mention would not be on my list, I'd rather stay here.

I thought that till I spent a bit of time down there and now I think it's got a really nice feel to the place and I'm looking forward to it. I work from home so no need to worry about the jobs market and having two young boys to look after they keep me well engaged so I'm not too concerned about it being insular, in fact I think there are plenty of things to keep people occupied down there.

I thought that till I spent a bit of time down there and now I think it's got a really nice feel to the place and I'm looking forward to it. I work from home so no need to worry about the jobs market and having two young boys to look after they keep me well engaged so I'm not too concerned about it being insular, in fact I think there are plenty of things to keep people occupied down there.
I'd rather live by the seaside than in London :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom