Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Major League Baseball

Couple of questions.

"Horwitz, who added an RBI double, went 4-for-5 with three RBIs."

Does the 4-for-5 mean 4 hits from 5 at bats?

"Berrios (15-9) allowed one run, five hits and one walk and struck out five in six innings."

What is the 15-9 stat?

Couple of questions.

"Horwitz, who added an RBI double, went 4-for-5 with three RBIs."

Does the 4-for-5 mean 4 hits from 5 at bats?

"Berrios (15-9) allowed one run, five hits and one walk and struck out five in six innings."

What is the 15-9 stat?
The first one is 4 hits from 5 at bats.

The second is how many wins - losses the pitcher has been credited with in the season.

I've noticed from watching some old videos of teams running up big leads that the team getting a pasting eventually brings on what doesn't look like a very challenging pitcher at all. I've seen it in a couple of videos now (see 4.15 in attached one). Can someone explain what that's about? I thought they had a decent bullpen of relief pitchers to choose from. Is it just a case of 'ho hum, the game's gone so sod it'?

I've noticed from watching some old videos of teams running up big leads that the team getting a pasting eventually brings on what doesn't look like a very challenging pitcher at all. I've seen it in a couple of videos now (see 4.15 in attached one). Can someone explain what that's about? I thought they had a decent bullpen of relief pitchers to choose from. Is it just a case of 'ho hum, the game's gone so sod it'?

Possibly. Maybe rest their best pitchers for the following night or next series?

Edit: the tennis has finished on time so looking forward to the game shortly.
Yeah, that fucked me off too. Ditch the tennis, which there's loads of throughout the year, and start the coverage at the top of the first innings, not halfway through the fourth. It wasn't their fault that all but one of the runs had already been scored, but it shows the risk of arriving early.

Double or triple plays are one of the best things in any sport.

Back
Top Bottom