Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Major League Baseball

Anyone watch Cubs-Cardinals from the Olympic Stadium earlier? It's available on the iplayer if you want to catch up, with the second of a two-game series on tomorrow.

The Beeb should try to get the rights for games for across the pond too, like C5 had back in the day.

I worked in a boozer back in the day and use to roll in 1am ish with a few carry outs and get skinning up and tune into the ballgame on C5

Invariably asleep on the sofa by the bottom of the 7th 😆

One 2 game series a year is a bit rubbish.
Considering its an American league I think 2 games a year is 2 games more than well should expect. Ask football fans about their views on the idea of the 39th game.

Considering its an American league I think 2 games a year is 2 games more than well should expect. Ask football fans about their views on the idea of the 39th game.
I can't speak for souljacker , but from my perspective it'd be good for someone to pick up coverage of the US-Can staged games, like C5 used to have. Given the little coverage baseball gets over here I wouldn't have much problem watching them on playback without knowing the scores.

The Beeb's had quite a big thing about the NFL in recent years, I think showing the odd live game, so the same could be done for the MLB.

I can't speak for souljacker , but from my perspective it'd be good for someone to pick up coverage of the US-Can staged games, like C5 used to have. Given the little coverage baseball gets over here I wouldn't have much problem watching them on playback without knowing the scores.

The Beeb's had quite a big thing about the NFL in recent years, I think showing the odd live game, so the same could be done for the MLB.
BT sport have rights to MLB in UK.

If you want to go to the Phillies-Mets games next June sign up here MLB London Series | MLB World Tour | MLB International | MLB.com to get access to pre-sale tix starting Weds Nov 22 at noon (for weekend tix) and Mon Nov 27 at noon (single game tix) before general sale on 8 Dec.
Do we know how much they are? I remember when I went to some MLB games in Canada and the US, about twenty years ago, the tickets seemed very cheap, compared to football here for example. I think I paid about $12 to get into Yankee Stadium.

Do we know how much they are? I remember when I went to some MLB games in Canada and the US, about twenty years ago, the tickets seemed very cheap, compared to football here for example. I think I paid about $12 to get into Yankee Stadium.
I don't know how much they'll cost but to give you an idea, the cheapest adult ticket last year was £54.

I'll be surprised this year if they start less than £65, and of course they'll be considerably more expensive for the best areas.

Last edited:

those'll have been in the nosebleed seats? i just looked, you can get $12 tickets for next year in the last row. anything close to the field will be 3 figures, esp. in the new (2009) stadium.

those'll have been in the nosebleed seats? i just looked, you can get $12 tickets for next year in the last row. anything close to the field will be 3 figures, esp. in the new (2009) stadium.
It was high up in the bleachers, although it was against the Red Sox on 4 July, so I don't know if they put any premium on that.

It’ll make for even better nights at Chavez Ravine if Ohtani lives up to his nearly unlimited potential for the Dodgers.

It could even make the sports reports in the UK 🇬🇧….

it should, the guy's basically Ruth come back to life.

that's very big news.

A special committee on baseball records decided in 1969 to recognize six major leagues dating to 1876: the National (which launched in 1876), the American (1901), the American Association (1882-1891), Union Association (1884), Players’ League (1890) and Federal League (1914-1915). It excluded the National Association (1871-75), citing an “erratic schedule and procedures.”

so there's long been debate over which legues were major leagues. the pacific coast league announced an intention to declare themselves a major league, which helped promt the AL and the NL to nip it by putting franchises west of St Louis, so the dodgers and the giants moved to LA and SF.

Back
Top Bottom