Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

'Magical' films for grown ups

Big trouble in little China

The time bandits (this might technically be a kids film, but I don't care)

The hudsucker proxy.

I think often, magic for adults is given a scientific explanation, but I'd still see it as distinct from science fiction as a genre. Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind would be an example of that.

There are magical bits in Moulin Rouge, btw. Though I know ppl are a bit love/hate with that film.

Don't believe what they say about 'The Wiches of Eastwick'. It's definitely worth watching.

If you want the magic of Xmas, try either of the two versions of 'Miracle on 34th Street'.

For a different sort of magic. try 'Orlando'

I thought this thread was about films that actually had magical/supernatural events in, not just ones that enchanted you

Big Fish
Be Kind Rewind
Science of Sleep
Being John Malkovich too then maybe?

Neil Jordans The Company of Wolves perhaps

The_Company_of_Wolves_(Jordan,_1984).jpg

How about Lair of the White Worm! Or Jaberwocky

%MCEPASTEBIN%

I loved Where the Wild things are. I think it's a moot point whether that is an adults or a kids film.

I loved Where the Wild things are. I think it's a moot point whether that is an adults or a kids film.
Not for this thread it isn't :mad: :p

There are of course plenty of films that both children and adults can enjoy, but my question is how many films are there that have that same magic and wonder to them that are made specifically for adults.

Gilliam is a good shout, things like Imaginarium and The Fisher King.

Two I meant to mention earlier: It's A Wonderful Life and Harvey (sort of :hmm: ). Yes, there is a common link ;)

Perhaps A Matter of Life and Death too?

Back
Top Bottom