Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Luton Airport’s DART railway nears completion

You should go fly from there once just to prove yourself right and so you can never ever sell tickets from there ever again.

This girl im seeing has bought tickets from there to Warsaw instead of Bristol to save a bit of money (not a lot, a bit maybe £50odd). I havent had the heart to break the grim reality to her yet.
Luton can be as stern a test of a relationship’s strength as a visit to IKEA. If you make it to the plane still a couple, she’s the one 👍

Luton can be as stern a test of a relationship’s strength as a visit to IKEA. If you make it to the plane still a couple, she’s the one 👍

Hahahha no way am I going to Luton on a coach to fly with her and her daughter. It'll be Bristol for 20 quid more if I do go along too. There is love and there is Luton Airport and I just dont think the two are compatible.

I am very fortunate to have not flown from Luton for a while, is the terminal still a kind of corrugated iron shed? And what sort of airport doesnt have a Wetherspoons? Disgraceful.

You should go fly from there once just to prove yourself right and so you can never ever sell tickets from there ever again.

This girl im seeing has bought tickets from there to Warsaw instead of Bristol to save a bit of money (not a lot, a bit maybe £50odd). I havent had the heart to break the grim reality to her yet.
Warsaw instead of Bristol? Bit drastic. (Sorry, couldn't help meself.)

Hahahha no way am I going to Luton on a coach to fly with her and her daughter. It'll be Bristol for 20 quid more if I do go along too. There is love and there is Luton Airport and I just dont think the two are compatible.

Bristol has the fingerprints of EasyJet all over it, and whilst I did venture to Essex and fly Ryanair this year (and was quietly impressed with them, fwiw), anything other than BA’s first wing and Concorde Room feels like a bind these days, which is a pomposity that needs addressing, but flying is so shit now that anything else is a tedious test of patience…

Bristol has the fingerprints of EasyJet all over it, and whilst I did venture to Essex and fly Ryanair this year (and was quietly impressed with them, fwiw), anything other than BA’s first wing and Concorde Room feels like a bind these days, which is a pomposity that needs addressing, but flying is so shit now that anything else is a tedious test of patience…

lucky for some ;) yes if you sold ching for a living you wouldnt be smashing the 10% purity 30 bags either would you ha ha ha :D

Belfast International Airport also does this. They also charge £1 for you open a door into a kind of cage that you are allowed to smoke in, airside. Everyone just holds the door open for others but I suppose one poor bastard has to start the process and put a quid in at 6am.

Belfast has a smoking 'cage'? I don't think I've ever seen one of those in a UK airport. Though I do have distant memories of the smoking area inside Gatwick which was some sort of makeshift glass room in the center of the departures lounge with massive extractor fans inside. It looked cold and desperate.

Much like the smokers then eh? Most places there always seem to be a pitiful little group shivering in one outside corner whilst they get their fix.

That was one of the most annoying things of the smoking ban for me. As a non-smoker being coerced to join the smoker outside from my nice warm seat inside to continue the discussion while they puffed away.

Elon Musk's private jet landed at Luton yesterday (no, really). guess he probably had a slightly different experience... (don't think he got off, in fact.)

Belfast has a smoking 'cage'? I don't think I've ever seen one of those in a UK airport. Though I do have distant memories of the smoking area inside Gatwick which was some sort of makeshift glass room in the center of the departures lounge with massive extractor fans inside. It looked cold and desperate.
Yes, very unusual for a UK airport, where once you are through security you are banned from having a cigarette (although plenty of bars to get drunk in). The only time i have seen something similar was in Terminal 4 at Heathrow, despite the airport claiming it is 100% smoke free and there are no smoking areas airside.

Still no date set for opening, but they are seeking volunteers to go and have a ride on it for trial exercises in March (please bring a suitcase) - don't know enough to know whether these may involve simulated emergencies and so on.

In addition to the trials, announced yesterday that DART will be open 'on restricted timetable' from 10 March for 3 weeks, and then

"It is then expected that the Luton DART will fully open for commercial operations around the end of March, with a specific date to be announced on or around 13 March"

Not quite clear what the 'restricted timetable' means - one suggestion of just a few hours a day, and probably fair to say not to be too surprised if it isn't running.

From here.

Back
Top Bottom