Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lunar eclipse tonight (Mon 28th Sept 2015, 3am)

My (UK) lunar calendar lists it as 20:13

edited to add:...and thanks to the link in the next post, have just realise that was supposed to be GMT, although it didn't say that anywhere on the calendar :facepalm:

I'm really hoping the cloud clear a bit as it should be a good place to see it otherwise. It's also early enough that the kids can watch it. Bloody weather.

Shame that, you seem like a person that needs a telescope. How much would a reasonable one cost?

Entry level scopes start at around 200 quid ish. A half decent entry level one is around 350. And if I want a good one, up to and over a grand. I would love a telescope. Checking out the planets and the moon and our neighbouring galaxies would be a dream come true :cool:

Entry level scopes start at around 200 quid ish. A half decent entry level one is around 350. And if I want a good one, up to and over a grand. I would love a telescope. Checking out the planets and the moon and our neighbouring galaxies would be a dream come true :cool:

Does seem like you need one. Could you pick up a second hand entry level? Your obsession needs to be fed :D

"planets and the moon and our neighbouring galaxies"???? Yeah right......

I think we all know what you'd really be looking for, don't we xes? Those vertically challenged chaps with the green complexion, hovering about in their flying crockery...

"planets and the moon and our neighbouring galaxies"???? Yeah right......

I think we all know what you'd really be looking for, don't we xes? Those vertically challenged chaps with the green complexion, hovering about in their flying crockery...
Well of course, one would also invest in an infrared filter for any telescsope that one may purchase......

I get the feeling that one of those filters would be out of my price range. (from what I've read about telescopes designed to view the sun)

The moon looks like a jaffa cake
moon.jpg
jaffacake.jpg

:confused:

Should've gone to...

100_0696.jpg

Back
Top Bottom