Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London: the unlockening/relockening

I've been to a couple of art events there. Perfectly reasonable place to have one: easy to get to and they want real people to come do stuff there to try to prove the venue is real.
Central St Martin's, which is part of London College of Fashion is up there, so perfect for art events.

Jubilee line this morning was busy but not as packed as I expected, all seats taken and some people standing, about 50% mask wearing.

Baker St and Marylebone were quite busy.

The building I work in is still quite sparse but the other building, 2 of the floors are heaving.

Saw my manager for the first time in 18 months. We’re gong to the pub at lunchtime.

I saw some mask enforcement at Liverpool St Station the other day , outside the Tube Station entrance , commuters were being asked to put on masks. 1st time in the pandemic that I've seen this sort of thing.
I've never seen that either but guess I've only really been on buses and it would be much more difficult to do than on the tube.

Absolutely packed on the tube this morning, prob 50% not masked up.

Baker St/Marylebone like pre-pandemic.

The office is 70% full.

Thursday is a popular day to be in the office now so many people are mixing office and WFH. Monday and Friday, not so much.

Hm yeah I went back to my coworking place yesterday because there was a social thing and that's the point of going. But it was a bit tooo peopley so I might go back on a different day next time. Glorious to be back though.

We're supposed to be in 2 days a week . I go in 3 days because WFH is fairly depressing. I cross tower bridge b4 8AM and it's well busy as is the dual carriage way East Smithfield going into the City , full of construction trucks so yes traffic back to normal.

We've just opened a new office (which is amazing) and Mondays and Fridays are dead. Wednesday is our busiest day but that may be the way we structure our meetings.

Train timetables for me are still rubbish, and the train I get in and home is busy but not standing room busy.

It feels very much like before times though.

Even though I had to put up with a woman shouting at me on the platform the other day for standing too close (I wasn't) and not wearing a mask (I don't on the open air platform but put it on when getting on the train) while her mask was hanging off one ear.

I'd say mask wearing is down to 30% in the parts of London I frequent. In fact Covid seems now to be just an excuse for unmasked people to be rude by putting their bags on the seat next to them on full public transport.

Yep definitely dropping. Not that surprising, i feel it myself. You can do so much now without a mask, i.e. Big indoor events, it then seems slightly weird to then put on a mask just because you're on a train.

Back
Top Bottom