Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London Euston station news, discussion, HS2 etc

editor

hiraethified
7%20-%20HS2%20Southern%20Entrance%20LOW%20RES.jpg

11-_GAL_12016_Euston_HS2_Cam04_Train_011.jpg

Blimey! Look at this!

More here - HS2 plans can unlock Euston potential - Press releases - GOV.UK

Thank God there is a portrait boutique by the main entrance. And some obvious Muslims next to someone in a wheelchair! Hurrah!
Nobody with a guide dog, long cane, walking stick, crutches, walking frame, or assistance dog though. No small children either, and a suspicious lack of luggage. :hmm:

That bloke with the briefcase seems to have just got off an invisible train. Or maybe his train is so late he's got fed up waiting and changed his mind - which is much more likely.

That roof looks ghastly.

Nobody with a guide dog, long cane, walking stick, crutches, walking frame, or assistance dog though. No small children either, and a suspicious lack of luggage. :hmm:

I can see the bloody platform as well, that's not right. Where are all the people tottering on the edge of the platform waiting for a delayed train?

A shame they're not doing the unified approach any more. This will mean grotbags West Coast station next to shiny new HS2 station (with a building site in between for 7 years).

At least they're going to link Euston Square in to the underground station.

I trust Grimshaw to do it right. They did the new Reading, which I approve of. (of which I approve?)

A shame they're not doing the unified approach any more. This will mean grotbags West Coast station next to shiny new HS2 station (with a building site in between for 7 years).

At least they're going to link Euston Square in to the underground station.

I trust Grimshaw to do it right. They did the new Reading, which I approve of. (of which I approve?)
yeh. but i don't trust the architects of this dire scheme.

Every time I see any article, documentary or YouTube piece showing what Euston station used to look like back in the day, I want to yell at clouds. Nothing short of a heritage crime for a major terminus on a city like London to be demolished and replaced by the steaming pile of shit we were served as its replacement.

Even though I seldom use long distance trains I’d be more than happy for my taxes to go up to finance the complete demolition of the monstrosity Euston station is and build a fitting replacement terminus.

Every time I see any article, documentary or YouTube piece showing what Euston station used to look like back in the day, I want to yell at clouds. Nothing short of a heritage crime for a major terminus on a city like London to be demolished and replaced by the steaming pile of shit we were served as its replacement.

Even though I seldom use long distance trains I’d be more than happy for my taxes to go up to finance the complete demolition of the monstrosity Euston station is and build a fitting replacement terminus.
What did it used to look like ?

There can be an argument about classical/modern architecture but the style of the building is a separate matter from the absolute abomination of the massive advertising screen. It's not design of the building that's to blame for that, it's the people at Network Rail who decided to replace a useful departures board with a revenue generating machine that actively makes the passenger experience worse.

And then there's the crowding thing which is partly connected to the information boards but also seems to be caused by a particular culture in the way the station is run, that doesn't have much interest in (again) the passenger experience.

Most of what makes the conourse unpleasant is what's been crammed into it (that wasn't part of the original design), and the way it's managed.

Reactions: Sue
And then there's the crowding thing which is partly connected to the information boards but also seems to be caused by a particular culture in the way the station is run, that doesn't have much interest in (again) the passenger experience.
For some reason, they always announce platforms for the West Coast mainline right at the last minute which invariably causes chaos as everyone tries to get right across the station. And then they have about two people checking tickets at the bottom of the slope before you can even get onto the platform.

Do they really only know which platform the Glasgow train is leaving from less than 10 mins before it goes? Of course not. And other stations somehow manage to announce platforms in good time. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom