Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Loki deserves its own thread

T & P

|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
By far the best MCU series, and by some margin. Stylish, visually pleasing, funny, and with an engaging storyline, perfect pace, and even more perfect cast and characters.

First episode of S2 is arguably the best one yet. I bloody love Tom Hiddleston, and his on-screen chemistry with Owen Wilson throughout the series is cherry on top :)

Last edited:
Very much enjoying season two, not sure what they’ve done but the writing, dialogue and pacing just feels so much better than the first season.

Very much enjoying season two, not sure what they’ve done but the writing, dialogue and pacing just feels so much better than the first season.
It also looks and feels far, far better and more stylish than most other Marvel products. Great production values and sets, and keeping green screen effects in check.

And it is also far funnier with properly relatable characters. Even when you don’t know exactly what’s going on with all the time jumps and parallel universes and whatnot, you still lap it all up because, well, Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson. Fantastic chemistry between them too as well :)

It also looks and feels far, far better and more stylish than most other Marvel products. Great production values and sets, and keeping green screen effects in check.

And it is also far funnier with properly relatable characters. Even when you don’t know exactly what’s going on with all the time jumps and parallel universes and whatnot, you still lap it all up because, well, Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson. Fantastic chemistry between them too as well :)
Absolutely! I think there’s something about the 70s aesthetic that really works for me too. The dated feeling of the future…

I have no idea where this is going or how it fits in the wider MCU story but I don’t care! Really enjoying this.

ok not watched it yet double shifting today and only home 2 hours or so

if you like it must be something special after your reports from the earlier episodes :)

I liked this one. Especially the end.
I just mean it would be super cool if this was just how all existence ended.
I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but today’s episode is not the season’s finale
(two to go). But then again nobody knows how it’s going to end, so you could be pleasantly surprised yet :p

ok not watched it yet double shifting today and only home 2 hours or so

if you like it must be something special after your reports from the earlier episodes :)
I wouldn't go quite that far.
I looks like last weeks ep had to tread a lot of water to pass a significant amount of time to get where we are in this ep.

I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but today’s episode is not the season’s finale
(two to go). But then again nobody knows how it’s going to end, so you could be pleasantly surprised yet :p
I remember being totally blown away by the end of sapphire & steel, where after jumping though all the usual hoops and fooling the bad guys, it turned out they were the ones who were fooled and would be trapped for eternity in a tiny cafe outside of space and time (or something).
It's on itv x, I might have to rewatch it all now. I assume it's laughable through modern eyes.

I remember being totally blown away by the end of sapphire & steel, where after jumping though all the usual hoops and fooling the bad guys, it turned out they were the ones who were fooled and would be trapped for eternity in a tiny cafe outside of space and time (or something).
It's on itv x, I might have to rewatch it all now. I assume it's laughable through modern eyes.
I had to google that as I’d never, ever heard of that show before. I’m not from these parts, but then I’ve still heard of or watched countless other British shows from that era. Well intrigued now…

I watched this as a very small child and I can say it really freaked me out!

Watched the entire saga recently on YouTube. All 6 stories. Reckon that most still hold up, apart from pacing, some of the acting and budget.

Story 2 is the best. The atmosphere is haunting and oppressive, it's well made and there's an anger in there that's not a million miles away from that felt in The Monocled Mutineer or Blackadder Goes Forth finale.

Stories 4 and 6 would be the next best, that's the creepy faceless guy in the old photographs and the window in space, respectively.

Back
Top Bottom