Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Llandudno, north Wales - photos, chat and things to do

I think (says he , who has never been there) , it is a civilised enclave on a run down coast line - (Conwy is lovely for a walk around and has some great pubs - going there again soon ) - one shudders at the thought of Rhyl - at any time)

That coast road knocked a lot of life out of a good number of places...

Llandudno great views; good restaurants; love the Great Orme. Can be very cold in winter because it's so windy at times. 10 times better than Rhyl.

Apparently - "Talacre" is he ultimate place to avoid along that there coast ...
IMAG0521.jpg

We love a run out to Talacre us. Granted we only go for an evening stroll and some chips and bemusments but it's a lovely beach. Very strong tides and sinking sands:cool: Great for getting rid of your kids :thumbs:

Apparently - "Talacre" is he ultimate place to avoid along that there coast ...

Talacre must be the coldest place in the entire country, its certainly the only place in Wales that I have ever been where a beach froze.

Also there is that abandoned ship.

As for the rest of the coastal towns, I was always of the opinion that they were less rough the further west one went along the A55 (with Prestatyn worst).

Duke%202.jpg

north wales have lots of nice places but also some right hell holes, seems the coast of north wales is where hell holes are !

Like the South Wales Coast, EG: Port Talbot vs Tenby. Except compared to Port Talbot, Rhyl is St Tropez

Last edited:
I really like Llandudno, the town is nice enough - lots of open space, and places to eat and watch the world go by - and the Orme is great: we spent most of a day up there just exploring, watching ships, getting fleeced at the kiosks....

And it's next to Conwy Castle,which is spectacular.

I'm going this week. I want cable cars and I want trams.
I've already looked up Llandudno's one and only nightclub and who can't be tempted by "UK NEON RAVE".
MASSIVE.
One thing I remember from my last visit years ago is the bronze age/iron age hut circles on Great Orm Head.

Well, I rather enjoyed my two days there. Great to see semaphore signals (swoon!) still being used at the station. The pier was lovey and the cable car was bloody brilliant.
Took a train to Blaneau Ffestiniog and then had a ride on the Ffestiniog which was ace, and I loved the dramatic sweep on the seaside promenade.

Curiously, there seemed to be an awful lot of Hasidic Jews and Asian families seen holidaying around the town.

Well, I rather enjoyed my two days there. Great to see semaphore signals (swoon!) still being used at the station. The pier was lovey and the cable car was bloody brilliant.
Took a train to Blaneau Ffestiniog and then had a ride on the Ffestiniog which was ace, and I loved the dramatic sweep on the seaside promenade.

Curiously, there seemed to be an awful lot of Hasidic Jews and Asian families seen holidaying around the town.

Look forward to some pix then ! - used to be large numbers of Hasidic Jews who used to stay in Aberystwyth en masse at the available student residences up the hill. There was some fall out with the university over use of lit candles etc , so they (from Manchester I believe) , may have changed their allegiances from the "Biarritz of Wales" to the "Queen of the Welsh Resorts"....

Anyway - it is on my "to do" list....

went for first time this summer

was brill, really surprised me

the bronze age copper mine on the orme - amazing, bit sad to think of the kids digging it out by hand tho.

proper punch and judy.

nice pier, fish and chips, beach, prom, ok pubs (one by tram station)

what’s not to like?

went for first time this summer

was brill, really surprised me

the bronze age copper mine on the orme - amazing, bit sad to think of the kids digging it out by hand tho.

proper punch and judy.

nice pier, fish and chips, beach, prom, ok pubs (one by tram station)

what’s not to like?
Did you go on the cable car? It's brilliant!

Back
Top Bottom