Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lisbon

sounds grand: but brazil was an auld colony. the portuguese court went there to sit out the napoleonic wars.

I still refuse to get my head around the idea of massive HUGE land masses being colonies. Australia, Canada, Brazil. It is a bit like the isle of man claiming mainland Britain as a little nephew. We all know if Brazil and Portugal meet in the final it could go 5-2 either way. Ronaldo, or no Ronaldo.

Piss myself laughing if the greedy little twat gets red carded in the semis.

Looks like I'll be in Lisbon for 3x nights at the end of October.

I've never been before - hints/tips on best neighbourhoods to stay in but also food, bars, museums, hash info would be great, ta.

The39thStep, shakespearegirl, Riklet, dessiato, Bahnhof Strasse xx
Dunno about best but I enjoyed the Alfama Quarter and the Moorish quarter and there are a number of micro breweries tap/bar places worth visiting around/near Marvila area like Dois Corvos and 21 Gallas Brewpub ( that is if you are into beer)

It's 2 or 3 years ago but I had a good meal at
Instant Crunch
R. da Mãe de Água 9, 1250-154 Lisboa, Portugal. 20 year old port was gorgeous and very cheap
I didn't have any there but portugese red wine can be fantastic.
Duoro Or something like that was my fave

Not anything fancy but this place was my favourite for a mid afternoon/early evening beer (and I expect will be later this week when I return) nothing particularly fancy but a nice view of the river and freindly staff. After dinner I loved this place as a solo traveler it was somehwere I could sit and have a reasonably priced beer/port/glass of wine and read my kindle without feeling I was hogging a table.
And finally for a more expensive but very enjoyable meal I really liked Pharmacia Felicidade slightly quirky resteraunt with a pharmacy theme and great viewa.

I really enjoyed the Castelo de São Jorge and if you have time then Sintra is a great day trip by train. The Museum Aljube Resistência e Liberdade is an intresting day if dark in places.

Can't help on weed except that people stopped me every 30s and tried to sell me some!

Back
Top Bottom