Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lindsay Hoyle Speaker of the HoCs bans the sale of alcohol from Saturday.

MrSki

Who am I to say you're wrong
Well I have seen him trying to establish himself in the chair left vacant by John Bercow but even saying that the government was treating the house with contempt will no have such an influence as banning the sale of Alcohol from the commons bars from Saturday. Let's see how that goes down. :thumbs: :D

Expect a lot more MPs will start working from home.

There shouldn't be a bar in the HOC anyway
quite right me lad
thats why we have thirty! haaw haaw haaw
images

some good details of goings on in this link:

Last edited:
better get used to it

Another thing Barry did was hide the iron guttering pipes inside the sand stone walls of the palace. A 150 years later, many have corroded and leak—but because they are buried in the walls, nobody knows there’s a problem until a lump of wall falls to the floor.

This has led to plans to vacate the palace for six years while the $5 billion refurbishment takes place. Alas for the drinkers at the House, the plan is to move into Richmond House—owned by Middle Eastern investors who have banned alcohol.
(if thats true)

The symbolism of them moving out of the palace couldnt be better timed.... i wonder if there'll be a union once the renovation work is done? I'll bet a fiver there won't. revolutionary times ahead i reckon

Last edited:
Quite. “Drunk as a lord” is a saying for a reason.

I long for the day “dead as a lord” is common sense.
One of my favourite legal quotes when a barrister said "He was drunk as a judge" & the judge replied "I think you find that the expression is drunk as a lord" & the barrister replied "As you wish my lord."

Last edited:
Well I have seen him trying to establish himself in the chair left vacant by John Bercow but even saying that the government was treating the house with contempt will no have such an influence as banning the sale of Alcohol from the commons bars from Saturday. Let's see how that goes down. :thumbs: :D

Expect a lot more MPs will start working from home.
They'd have to start working then

ramc colours but also direction of the stripes traditionally distinguishes regimental from other non mil ties iykwim. also royal clubs and shit. sure someone will be along to disporve this by findinf an exeption eg intelligence corps

It is indeed

Cherry Red
Old Gold
Royal Blue

He is Hon Col of one of the Medical Regt's.

Last edited:
better get used to it

(if thats true)

The symbolism of them moving out of the palace couldnt be better timed.... i wonder if there'll be a union once the renovation work is done? I'll bet a fiver there won't. revolutionary times ahead i reckon

My wife has worked a lot in HOP with one of the contractors involved in the refurbishment works.

Apparently the heating system is so old (how old you say...) that no one knows how to work it. So it's kept on 100%, even in the height of the summer, because there's a good chance that if they switched it off they wouldn't be able to switch it back on again.

And actually she also said ambulances are a common sight outside because someone's drunk too much.

Back
Top Bottom