Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Let's hear it for the 12 Bar Club, Denmark Street, W1

editor

hiraethified
I love this place. It's one of the very last old school live gigs left in central London and every time I've been there I've had a great night.

Tonight was exceptional fun: a mad, drunken, happy, cheery sing-along with a massively varied age group and some absolutely nutbar bands.

Long may it continue.

They've moved the stage now, haven't they?
Used to be you could be downstairs and see the band's legs, or upstairs and see the top of their head. But yeh, great little place.

The view's a bit better but the stage is still as lovably ramshackle. Tonight was *wild*. In a mad folky way.

Loved it.

Used to be you could be downstairs and see the band's legs, or upstairs and see the top of their head. But yeh, great little place.

i went to a gig there years ago, and found the view very strange, they also had no toilets then, you had to use the pub next door? and no licence i think, so the pub next door again...

It's got a bar and its own toilets now.

Yes. The singer does have a Mexican wrestler's mask on. It was that kind of night.

12-bar-01.jpg

12-bar-02.jpg

We had dinner at the Giaconda Dining Room on Denmark St last night. If we'd have known you were there we could have popped in to the 12 Bar Club afterwards!

I went there years ago and that was exactly the view, couldn't understand why it was used as a band venue when you couldn't see anything from the waist up!

One time i went there, there was a really, really tall American chap singing. When they asked him for an encore he dedicated it to the girl in the gallery who was sitting directly with legs wide open in front of him. He was so tall, her pantiless goodness was in his direct eyeline!

Went there again tonight and had a great time. It was busy with a mixed and friendly crowd and the bands were as bonkers as ever.

Fabulous place.

Back
Top Bottom