Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lehmans goes down, global banking in crisis

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Except this isn't it, or anything like it.

Of course if everything did collapse tomorrow I think some people here would be very disappointed to find capitalism still here with us. The only way to get rid of it completely is to have the state control every single aspect of our lives or to nuke the site from orbit. I think I'd rather be nuked.

The inevitable demise of Capitalism...

You reckon?

It's not really though is it. When it doesn't happen from this are you going to claim it's still coming? Like people believing in a fixed date for the end of the world and then coming up with another when it passes?

The FTSE 100 dives again. Down 3.11% at the moment. Soon to drop through the 5000 barrier?

it could be freefall if it does - not sure of the support at that, but im assuming that 5K is a significant psycological level

The AIG share price is going up. Does this mean bets are being made that it is too big to be allowed to fail? Dodgy bet that.

As light fades outside, the dull glow from the Bloomberg casts a hideous blood red hue over all

I'm off down the Globe to get battered.......

Report from chums say atmos is "disappointingly calm" :D. They've had the usual reassuring mail from God saying all is a-okay and they have plenty of money in the kitty. Make of that what you will.

It took me a while to realise that money doesn't get lost in the system. One someone makes a huge loss, it's another one's gain!
no no no no! there is no law of physics here .. we are dealing with an enron on a global scale .. this is a bubble .. what was there was false .. so no sorry but no one is gaining from others falls .. simply the whole economy will go back to where it was ( or near .. or past!) .. brutal .. and if you read what the top Fed and BoE bods are saying they WANT a rectification ( that will be brutal ) to get back to an even keel

actually ETA .. yes of course some people who had cash or solid holdings ARE gaining .. but my general point stands

Back
Top Bottom