Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Landlords can't say "No DSS/UC" anymore so they ask for SIX MONTHS rent in advance!

London is full of empty new developments making money for Chinese investors. Sat on the tube with their construction keyworkers through the lockdown.

In my town the current best price for renting a room in a house/HMO is 650 a month six months rent in advance (3900)

absolutely nothing to rent below that figure

pubs haven’t got staff, restaurants are turning people away because no staff.

insane situation

Local tory wankers are contemplating developing temporary container “pods” for low paid workers to live in

money is going up for service industry workers with desperate bosses offering end of season loyalty bonus’s But that doesn’t work if you don’t have a roof to kip under

In my town the current best price for renting a room in a house/HMO is 650 a month six months rent in advance (3900)

absolutely nothing to rent below that figure

pubs haven’t got staff, restaurants are turning people away because no staff.

insane situation

Local tory wankers are contemplating developing temporary container “pods” for low paid workers to live in

money is going up for service industry workers with desperate bosses offering end of season loyalty bonus’s But that doesn’t work if you don’t have a roof to kip under

caveat it’s a seaside tourist town in season

The reality of private renting for disabled people is they do discriminate.
Thread:

And the owner of a privately rented bungalow who'll let to anyone dependent on disability benefits is a rare person, if they exist at all. (Genuinely interested to know if this has actually happened in the last few years.) Like, what sort of arsehole would buy an accessible house to rent out but not actually lease it to someone who needs that access? Well yeah, a buy-to-let landlord obviously.

No it doesn't and no it doesn't
I beg to differ mate. Good people taking Guardianship of entire estates and making food banks and cultural spaces for lost kids and displaced. Especially during lockdown. Good things happened whilst you were sleeping perhaps.

I beg to differ mate. Good people taking Guardianship of entire estates and making food banks and cultural spaces for lost kids and displaced. Especially during lockdown. Good things happened whilst you were sleeping perhaps.

You can't apply to become one if you're unemployed so they're pretty pointless to bring up in this thread. Also they require deposits, averaging £700, and they're not protected like deposits for normal rentals.

Back
Top Bottom