Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lagos, Portugal - tips and suggestions

Fuzzy

Hearts Cov
I'm heading to Lagos, Portugal in a couple of weeks. I've been before so aware of coastal things to do (happy to recieve these suggestions as well though) but was wondering whether anyone had headed inland. interested in getting off the tourist strip. any suggestions welcome. I'm hiring a car so transport not an issue.

I always think exploring inland enables you to find unexpected treats . Loads of little villages to have a look at round there . For lunch and a day out Silves is quite nice , it’s got a tidal river , a castle , a prison and cobble streets to walk round , loads of good places to eat . You can get a boat down the river to Portimao.

I always think exploring inland enables you to find unexpected treats . Loads of little villages to have a look at round there . For lunch and a day out Silves is quite nice , it’s got a tidal river , a castle , a prison and cobble streets to walk round , loads of good places to eat . You can get a boat down the river to Portimao.
thanking you kindly.

I’m a bit too East Algarve to give recommendations but found this list for you..

Looking at the East Algarve recommendations I’d say it’s pretty accurate

I’m a bit too East Algarve to give recommendations but found this list for you..

Looking at the East Algarve recommendations I’d say it’s pretty accurate
ace. thank you.

Well I can vouch for Silves and Monchique as really lovely places to take a trip to if you want to get away from the beach and busier touristy places. Silves has a fantastic castle to mooch around. a couple of euros for get in but fantastic views over the town and a nice cafe. interesting town with narrow streets and lots of restaurants and cafes. again less touristy so defo noticed them being that bit cheaper.

monchique is a lot smaller but right up in the hills. we went up to Foia which is the highest point but alas it was cloudy so no views down to the coast. Nice little town to wander around.

Back
Top Bottom