Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ladybirds

I'm pretty sure that I saw a 7-spot in the greenhouse this morning, when I went in there to open the vent.
When I turned around to look properly for it, it had gone again ...

If I find it again, it has a job, my rambling rose has a few greenflies on some of the new buds ...
[otherwise that'll get washed tonight, when the sun's off it]

Lots of ladybirds at various stages of development in the garden this morning. Could be a repeat of the summer of ‘76? Aphids beware!

View attachment 382897View attachment 382898View attachment 382899
Seen a few and the aphids have certainly reduced on my roses over the last week or two. :thumbs:

Edit to add I can remember as a kid in 76 & being in East Anglia somewhere & going down a wooded coastal path which had steps going down that were carpeted in ladybirds & you could not help squashing them to get down. There were shed loads.

Seen a few and the aphids have certainly reduced on my roses over the last week or two. :thumbs:

Edit to add I can remember as a kid in 76 & being in East Anglia somewhere & going down a wooded coastal path which had steps going down that were carpeted in ladybirds & you could not help squashing them to get down. There were shed loads.
I thought the ladybirds were brilliant that summer. We all tried to see how many we could get to walk on our hands. I also got sunburn for the first time.

437540150_1467904820824129_7640530347648825114_n.jpg

frogwoman - that's more green than cream. maybe better as a disguise ?
definitely not seen one of those before !
It's the 4 spotted form apparently, but the spots are on the edge of the Ladybird. I had to ask to confirm id because it looked as if it had recently emerged and I wasn't 100% sure.

Back
Top Bottom