Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dungeons not Dragons

It's a real shame that it's not as good as it could be. I got as far as learning archery and it was so buggy I gave up. Beautiful at times though and enjoyed the history. Another annoying thing was picking up flowers would result in a cut scene!

yep - enjoying this. very immersive. combat is very hard at the start - but things like stalking hare through the woods as the sun goes down is surprisingly enjoyable. It looks beautiful and the historical detail is awesome - gives a real depth. Also fun was things like getting pissed with the priest and then having to deliver the sermon because he was too hungover ( a sermon attacking the corruption of the church based on the teaching of radical bohemian preacher Jan Hus) - its not the sort of thing you expect in a video game tbh - this is clearly a labour of love.

one slightly off putting/unintentionally amusing aspect of the game is that the narrator at the start sounds exactly like the deadringers version of william hague.

having read a few reviews it seems there was a real problem with bugs and CTD - but i haven't had any issues - so it seems that some patching has sorted stuff.
But id highly recommend this for a totally immersive RPG. Once you get past the slow start its a hugely enthralling and satisfying experience.

I really like how the combat is not just clicking away and beating people on the back of accumulated super weapons and armour - but something where you have to think about what you are doing - from your choice of weapon and armour and how you move and strike to not flailing away and using up all your stamina. So its easy to cock up and you have to concentrate - as a result its extremely satisfying when you hear the thud of your favourite heavy mace clunking down on your opponent's head.

And then there is the pleasure of wondering around the beautiful landscape picking herbs or stalking deer. Which is quite relaxing after consinging a few enemies to the afterlife in brutal, gory detail.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom