Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

John McDonnell Calls For Re-Founding Anti Nazi League !

"The shadow chancellor pledged that the Labour party “will take a leading role in this movement against racism and fascism” and said it was time to start “serious practical work” to organise anti-racists and anti-fascists."

Nicely ignoring all those who have been doing 'the serious practical work' for the years since the ANL, and often having to counter people with the type of politics and activity he's lauding. Maybe he could set up a Westminster AFN branch if he's so keen?

Initiative To Re-Launch Rock Against Racism !
It's all getting too Retro !

Last edited:
it was relaunched just a few years ago wasn't it?
forgot what it was called ... a couple of gigs in Victoria park?

The ANL was actually set up by the SWP, as a recruiting tool as much as anything. I was a member at the time and chaired the first meeting in Manchester, attended by Tony Cliff. At a slightly later one Paul Holborrow came and said the initial idea was to call it the Anti Nazi Appeal League, till they realised the acronym would be bad publicity. I don't believe that was true and it was someone winding him up, he wasn't famous for his sense of humour.

This re-launch of Rock Against Racism is a new initiative; today !
It doesn't appear to be the usual suspects !
I am feeling relatively positive about it !

What exactly is the swapies policy when it comes to direct action :confused:i honestly do not know :confused: I am guessing... policing the anarchists like the commie stewards do?

What exactly is the swapies policy when it comes to direct action :confused:i honestly do not know :confused: I am guessing... policing the anarchists like the commie stewards do?
Dunno but didnt one of the anarchist type anti fascist groups have a safe spaces policy?

I think i know of one such group.Meow? I don`t think they were anarchists though :/ Obsessed over all that crimethink stuff and seemed to insist that there is established Anarchist protocol for dealing with heavy situations because they read it off teh internets :/

There was definitely an Antifa type group , no doubt in the South , that had a document about safe spaces on anti fascist demos and things .

Stand at the back selling papers and chatting shit through their PA system. They're not into actually confronting fash and will tell others not to confront them either. Wouldn't want to ruin a good recruitment opportunity by actually getting nazis off the streets would we?

There was definitely an Antifa type group , no doubt in the South , that had a document about safe spaces on anti fascist demos and things .

What did this say about safe spaces? Is there an issue with safe space policies that I'm unaware of? Or are you supportive?

Sorry I'm struggling to follow a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom