Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

John Bercow ex Speaker of HoCs

Urban myth. He never had the balls to do that.

He was Chair of FCS when they produced those t-shirts. He wouldn't have dared to wear one at Essex.
Not quite sure that describing it as an urban myth is the most accurate interpretation?
His leadership of the group responsible for the production, distribution and wearing of the "Hang Mandela" tee-shirts and posters was never disputed, it's just that no-one has ever produced any actual evidence of Bercow wearing his group's merch.

As I said earlier, his secretaryship of the Monday Club's repatriation and immigration committee is equally troubling.

in which case, it's probably best to not say that he wore a hang mandela shirt. as you say, there's plenty of stuff you can hang on him without having to stray into conjecture.
We have his word that he didn't.

He did organise two big FCS events at Essex. Got Teddy Taylor to come and speak, who was infantile. And Cecil Parkinson, who was run off campus - creating lots of froth in the Daily Mail the next day. I think Bercow wore a suit for both.

The FCS events never took place at Essex university. At least not in any meaningful way beyond a dozen students in a locked room. So no, the impression that 'he wore Hang Nelson Mandela t-shirts at university' is a false one.
Happy to accept that Bercow was too craven to even of think of wearing his group's vile merch on campus at Colchester, but it's quite believable that the nasty little cunt did when in a safe space with his racist mates.

Happy to accept that Bercow was too craven to even of think of wearing his group's vile merch on campus at Colchester, but it's quite believable that the nasty little cunt did when in a safe space with his racist mates.
this misunderstands the whole point of making t-shirts like this. they aren't for wearing in private.

But there are perhaps thousands and thousands atm
Tories or Tory voters?

I took the comment to mean Tory politicians, like Bercow.

Either way, the problem in this country, assuming support of the current voting system (whcih I do not, but it's the only game in town for now), is the left is split.

Not at all convinced by that take.
You're right that we don't have to state that Bercow did wear the shirt, but it doesn't stop it being perfectly believable that the nasty little cunt did with other cunty, racists in the safety of their FCS events so that they could get off on how edgy and iconoclastically right-wing they were.

That's all.

this misunderstands the whole point of making t-shirts like this. they aren't for wearing in private.
That's generally true about political/'statement' t-shirts, though not necessarily for shall we say 'extreme' t-shirts. I'd have thought the twats who owned this particular t-shirt were all about horrifying the left within their narrow university circles or were part of the battles within the tory right. T-shirts are sometimes worn to influence/horrify particular audiences, they are not always on the pile of random shirts you crawl into each day. Not disagreeing with you about Bercow mind.

The Conservative Monday Club is so objectionable that even the tory party felt obliged to dissociated itself from the pressure group in 2001 but, that said, despite it's well documented support for white minority domination in Southern Africa, I've never seen a public claim like this one made by Bridgen. Did they use that "slogan" or has the dimwitted Bridgen muddled then up with the FCS in his attempt to score political points? Looks potentially actionable? :D

1624201062664.png

The Conservative Monday Club is so objectionable that even the tory party felt obliged to dissociated itself from the pressure group in 2001 but, that said, despite it's well documented support for white minority domination in Southern Africa, I've never seen a public claim like this one made by Bridgen. Did they use that "slogan" or has the dimwitted Bridgen muddled then up with the FCS in his attempt to score political points? Looks potentially actionable? :D

View attachment 274469
bercow was in both the monday club and fcs eg Bercow 'pushing hard' to recall MPs for Mandela debate if former South African president dies during recess and Mandela: Tories ‘indulged’ Apartheid rulers - Hain

the scotsman article says the mc notorious for the hang mandela slogan but i agree it sounds more like fcs

Wow. What a pathetic worm. Kept in office by remainers for so long despite the known bullying solely to further their agenda.

"remarkably, in his interviews with the investigator in this investigation, the respondent chose to imitate the complainant’s voice and words on at least 20 occasions."

Wow. What a pathetic worm. Kept in office by remainers for so long despite the known bullying solely to further their agenda.

"remarkably, in his interviews with the investigator in this investigation, the respondent chose to imitate the complainant’s voice and words on at least 20 occasions."
yeh but is he a good mimic? we should be told

There was a really good fly on the wall documentary series a couple of years back. You can see from that and how he treated the Clerkof the Commons that the accusations against Mr Brercow were far from baseless

Woooooow, wot a pathetic wuuuuurm. Kept in office by remaaaainers for soooooooo long despite the HA! known bullying solely to further theeeeeiiiir agenda.

Is how Bercow might respond to that post.

Woooooow, wot a pathetic wuuuuurm. Kept in office by remaaaainers for soooooooo long despite the HA! known bullying solely to further theeeeeiiiir agenda.

Is how Bercow might respond to that post.
i see he takes the kenneth william line on just a minute

Back
Top Bottom