Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Its going to be a great Olympics because of the British.

Sunray

Its sunny somewhere.
We are a nation of organisers. We are at our very best when there is something in need of organising. Drop all the corporate bullshit and hype. This Olympics is for the people who run all the sports that are on show. I've met a few and they are great people.

They will be running all the individual sports voluntarily as they do it most weeks anyway, they help people go from nothing to the best they can or want to be, generally with a sense of humour and humility and a overriding love of the sport they participate in.

For them, to be called up to help with the Olympics is their gold medal for all that work they have done and will continue to do. Its SO achingly British and its very cool. I doubt anyone will notice these people because they are so good at it, it's only the crap ones that will make headlines.

If you want a reason to be proud of something Olympic, this is it.

We are a nation of organisers. We are at our very best when there is something in need of organising. Drop all the corporate bullshit and hype. This Olympics is for the people who run all the sports that are on show. I've met a few and they are great people.

They will be running all the individual sports voluntarily as they do it most weeks anyway, they help people go from nothing to the best they can or want to be, generally with a sense of humour and humility and a overriding love of the sport they participate in.

For them, to be called up to help with the Olympics is their gold medal for all that work they have done and will continue to do. Its SO achingly British and its very cool. I doubt anyone will notice these people because they are so good at it, it's only the crap ones that will make headlines.

Aren't the Germans and Japanese better though? :hmm:

dont get too carried away, just because the opening ceremony was awesome. I'm sure they'll get all the games to run at the right time and that, and with a bit of luck they'll be no need to use the surface to air missiles for any reason, but the olympics is still a very bad thing for so very many reasons, all of which have been covered in great detail on numerous other threads.

Back
Top Bottom