Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is the Range Rover Sport the apex in arsehole wheels ?

Is the Range Rover Sport the ultimate in arsehole wheels ?

• Yes

Votes: 82 56.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 51 35.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 51 35.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 38.2%
  • No, I have an Audi and I claim that title

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • I dont know as I do not drive

Votes: 23 16.0%
  • I live in the country and I find it useful for the 2 frosts we get each year

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Comedy Option

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • Fuck you, you snotty middle class cycling shitbag

Votes: 39 27.1%

• Total voters
Jeeps: are these also only for arseholes? (particularly the wrangler, which comes in camouflage automatic):hmm:

No, old - 15/20 yo - ones are often used in the proper countryside as proper 4x4's. Personally I'm not overly keen as their reliability can be a bit crap, and sourcing parts can be a bit problematic, but certainly the Grand Cherokee of old (£1500 in autotrader) will do the mucky, snowy business.

As ever, there's a bit of snobbery involved with cars - if you turn up to the Ruthin Agricultural show in July in a 20yo mud splattered Grand Cherokee people will think you're a a hill farmer, but that if you turn up in brand new £30k Jeep people will assume you're a hairdresser or footballers wife...

Bizarrely, if you turn up in a brand new £30k Shogun they'll assume you're a hill farmer.

Good luck navigating the minefield!

Jeeps: are these also only for arseholes? (particularly the wrangler, which comes in camouflage automatic):hmm:

Automatics are preferable in super technical off road situations as you have a torque convertor and don't have to slip the clutch constantly resulting in your car smelling like a burning sardine cannery.

Jeeps are better than Land Rovers obviously but that's not saying much. They are good for serious off road use as there is a ton of after market support for lifting them, etc.

817-metoo-albums-grand-wagoneer-picture74-fissel.png

the ones with nice faces sell really quickly it looks like.. these were both on ebay yesterday and both now sold / gone.
Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 17.44.51.png Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 17.46.16.png

:oops:
I know, I'm being ridiculous. But the sensible compact japanese 4x4s are all unnecessarily ugly.

I'd really recommend having a look at the Nissan Terrano. They are smaller than a Mondeo estate, but very reliable, very capable, and good at moving crap long distances.

I wouldn't mind one of these as a plaything...british, small and rather cute. Trouble is quite old, rare and attracting a premium
Austin_Champ_1968_%28front%29_-_Flickr_-_mick_-_Lumix.jpg.cf.jpg

The V8 Defender is back for some reason and now in 5.0 form. 150 grand to you, squire. Halfords wheel trims thrown in, apparently.

lr_classic_defender_worksv8_170118_04_0.jpg

Is it wrong that I still have a bit of a horn for a lovely, boxy Defender?

They're shit obviously, and you may as well just BBQ £50 notes and get a taxi, but they do look great...

Is it wrong that I still have a bit of a horn for a lovely, boxy Defender?

They're shit obviously, and you may as well just BBQ £50 notes and get a taxi, but they do look great...

I've got to admit I've been tempted a few times but I've never pulled the trigger. I think if you absolutely had to then the wise move would be a mid 90s example imported from South Africa (no rust) where they could be obtained with the 2.8 BMW M52 petrol engine.

QvWJ5zF5.jpg

Go on, you know you want to...

Stopping for petro on my way to work yesterday, I saw a brand new range rover in the petrol station. It was parked up to one side of the forecourt together with a fuel rescue van.
Musn't laugh, it could happen to any one of us :D

at least they are starting RR ownership properly and getting used to having roadside assistance as a normal part of owning one of these ghastly vehicles

And this arsehole I followed the other day after it drove out of a prep school up the hill, gets to the narrowest bit of road round here when we have to stop for the lights:

TOSSER.JPG

So the traffic that came up the other way had to stop and wait for our lights to go green and Mr Big Motor to move off, so the junction got blocked cos of his selfish existence on this planet.

Last edited:
I remember a big queue of traffic on my way to work a couple of years back because some ridiculous wide 4x4 was waiting to turn right into a school and nobody could squeeze past on the left, except smug twats like me on a bike. If they'd been in a normal-sized car or made the little darlings walk to school a few dozen people might have got to work on time. I reckon road tax should be punitively based on vehicle width for this reason.

Back
Top Bottom