Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Inside HMP Belmarsh

One off moomoo.

No it isn’t, he’s back next week with another episode in it.

I am still trying to understand why they box’ had no loo, how people go to the loo if in there and why on earth we allow people to be placed somewhere where they don’t have a loo.

I am still trying to understand why they box’ had no loo, how people go to the loo if in there and why on earth we allow people to be placed somewhere where they don’t have a loo.

I can't imagine that they'd keep people in there for extended periods of time. Human rights, sanitation etc.

On the surface Tommy Robinson didn’t seem to have it too bad. Given everything else going on inside Belmarsh, even if I weren’t a high profile prisoner I’d probably prefer a quiet cell away from all the gang shit and inmates on spice.

That said, he looked pretty emotional after 4 months so I dunno. It’s bleak whatever way you look at it.

Also, dunno why someone hasn’t come up with a solution to just scan the physical mail and issue printouts or e-copies of what’s received.

Surely that has to be a) less time consuming to be testing each piece of paper for spice b) safer and c) a heck of a lot cheaper than spending £35k on a machine to test the paper in.

Load of bollocks that was. Fuck testing all that paper when they could just scan it in bulk and keep the originals for when they get released.

SYL looked like a naughty boy when he was first interviewed. Clearly not comfortable when he wasn't in control of things, a few nervous twitches, bit of charlie withdrawal maybe. Not sure why they need to call him Tommy after he'd declared his real name at reception. Don't think it did him any favours and his followers as ever looked like bellends causing disruption because they'd nothing better to do.

It was interesting to see how he was quite broken at the end of it and I wondered if he'd done much crying while he was alone or if his fan mail had kept him distracted from thinking about his family. Also how it was embarrassing for him to be in tears about seeing his kids...moreso than the crime that caused their separation.

As ever I had hope for the possible redemtion of the cheeky chappy....on this occasion, Charlie Pope...wants to change but undoing 30+ years of that life isn't gonna happen with £500 to start a gardening business...and I couldn't quite imagine all these old dears wanting him doing their gardens either.

Also, dunno why someone hasn’t come up with a solution to just scan the physical mail and issue printouts or e-copies of what’s received.

from experience (a friend ended up in clink a year or so back following a mental health crisis that got a bit out of hand) they now do this at many prisons. there's also a system to e-mail prisoners (in general, this means the admin staff print anything out and the prisoner gets a paper copy)

from experience (a friend ended up in clink a year or so back following a mental health crisis that got a bit out of hand) they now do this at many prisons. there's also a system to e-mail prisoners (in general, this means the admin staff print anything out and the prisoner gets a paper copy)

Seems like such an obvious thing to do rather than all this cost of a special machine, and time wasting testing paper for drugs - which, evidently isn't working either.

SYL looked like a naughty boy when he was first interviewed. Clearly not comfortable when he wasn't in control of things, a few nervous twitches, bit of charlie withdrawal maybe. Not sure why they need to call him Tommy after he'd declared his real name at reception. Don't think it did him any favours and his followers as ever looked like bellends causing disruption because they'd nothing better to do.

It was interesting to see how he was quite broken at the end of it and I wondered if he'd done much crying while he was alone or if his fan mail had kept him distracted from thinking about his family. Also how it was embarrassing for him to be in tears about seeing his kids...moreso than the crime that caused their separation.

As ever I had hope for the possible redemtion of the cheeky chappy....on this occasion, Charlie Pope...wants to change but undoing 30+ years of that life isn't gonna happen with £500 to start a gardening business...and I couldn't quite imagine all these old dears wanting him doing their gardens either.

It was really sad seeing all three brothers inside, seemingly all just petty criminals with no knowledge of anything but and little care about it either. If ever an advert that prison isn’t working.

They are scum and the lowest of the low, so thats where they desrve to be, please do remember its a prison and not Butlins, or a holiday camp. They are lucky that they are locked up in this country, just be thankful they are not locked up in a South / Central American jail, where Life means life.......... Live by the sword, Die by the sword is my motto.

It was really sad seeing all three brothers inside, seemingly all just petty criminals with no knowledge of anything but and little care about it either. If ever an advert that prison isn’t working.
So what are you meant do with these brothers? How do you reform characters like this? it said in the program that therefather was also in the same nick with them, not really saying much about the family.

So what are you meant do with these brothers? How do you reform characters like this? it said in the program that therefather was also in the same nick with them, not really saying much about the family.

Really I'm no expert on penal reform. But seems painfully clear that locking them up again and again isn't helping anyone, certainly not them, not the taxpayers, and not the public at large as they never get reformed.

Usually I'd suggest looking to other countries who are doing it better to take lessons from. Norway etc.

Really I'm no expert on penal reform. But seems painfully clear that locking them up again and again isn't helping anyone, certainly not them, not the taxpayers, and not the public at large as they never get reformed.

Usually I'd suggest looking to other countries who are doing it better to take lessons from. Norway etc.
Well if locking them up is not an option, what do u suggest?
We ship them out to a desrted island and let them reform themselves over there?
Also these people are not interested in reforms, they are all rotten to the core and the scum of the earth, imho, let them rot, and bollocks to "Political Correctness"

Also these people are not interested in reforms, they are all rotten to the core and the scum of the earth, imho, let them rot, and bollocks to "Political Correctness"

Well thats one hell of a generalization based on literally a few minutes of screen time. Do you think the current system is working? I don't think so.

There's nothing 'politically correct' about imagining better ways to balance punishment and reform. Even without your compassion, you can't deny there's an economic argument in there.

They are scum and the lowest of the low, so thats where they desrve to be, please do remember its a prison and not Butlins, or a holiday camp. They are lucky that they are locked up in this country, just be thankful they are not locked up in a South / Central American jail, where Life means life.......... Live by the sword, Die by the sword is my motto.
Spymaster youve got some competition here - time to up your game

Can anyone find good data on UK reconviction rates?
This Recidivism Rates, 2017 and earlier. By state, country, crime, demographics suggests UK is in the 70%s which is what i remember hearing - and have repeated in pub chat

worldwide-reconviction-rates-shrunk.png

This and other sources suggest more in the 30%s...

There is nearly 20 years between those two sets of figures, but I cant believe it would've dropped off so much

Last edited:
Spymaster youve got some competition here - time to up your game

Can anyone find good data on UK reconviction rates?
This Recidivism Rates, 2017 and earlier. By state, country, crime, demographics suggests UK is in the 70%s which is what i remember hearing - and have repeated in pub chat

worldwide-reconviction-rates-shrunk.png

This and other sources suggest more in the 30%s...

There is nearly 20 years between those two sets of figures, but I cant believe it would've dropped off so much
if you look at your top table you'll note that the england stats cover 2000 and 2013 while your other link covers 2016-17.

there's a sequence of proven reoffending stats at Proven reoffending statistics which fill in the interim

Back
Top Bottom