Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Identify This Mixer Cable Please

I had to buy something like this for an old camcorder recently. Amazon marketplace delivered in the end. Ebay's worth a punt too.

I need a power adaptor for it but can't find it anywhere, mainly because I don't know what to type to search for it. It's for an old numark mixer.

View attachment 359742
Okay, there's obviously more going on here than just power as there's 5 pins plus ground, which made me think data and then made me think midi. So it isn't simply a power socket, the mixer interfaces with something else (what?).

The female end of this 9v midi cable 'LOOKS' like it might be correct. But this isn't a cable to plug into a transformer from the wall I don't think. The mixer must have to engage with a midi sound source or something.

There's a lot going on in this thread that's way over my head about volts and whatnot. The mixer is a numark matrix 3. I think it's just been discontinued but I'm surprised the cable is hard to find because, although it's weird, it is essentially just the cable he's after as power adaptor is pretty common isn't it?

I’ll sell you a gold plated encabulated lead that will give you optimum performance. Cos it’s Urban, I can do you mates’ rates, so it’ll only set you back 2 grand

There's a lot going on in this thread that's way over my head about volts and whatnot. The mixer is a numark matrix 3. I think it's just been discontinued but I'm surprised the cable is hard to find because, although it's weird, it is essentially just the cable he's after as power adaptor is pretty common isn't it?
NO
It,s clearly labelled FFS.

It is two voltages 8v and 9v AC
I have never encountered such a configuration and would struggle to make one.

Last edited:

This is the power supply needed, but it’s not a UK version :(
UK version is E-PT-053-01
when clicking on "proceed to checkout" on that website I get a warning message saying it may not be in stock and something about back order so it's probably not available anyway.
e2a: after scrolling down the page that you linked to it says:
Enter your email address to be notified if this item is available again

I think second hand is your only option here.
if your mains voltage is 230/240V then you need: E-PT-053-01
if your mains voltage is 110/120V then you need: E-PT-053-00

e2a: the US version is out of stock but the UK version shows as available on that spare part website you first linked to in the thread.

I'm even more confused now. Is it the cable (as in the thread title) or the mixer (as in the first post) you need, and you say "just the cable he's after" - he?

Last edited:
I assumed that was just giving a range of voltages that would be ok for it?
Possibly - but the whole thing is rather odd.
It definitely looks like it wants AC with the rectifiers and regulation being on-board
I would have expected a wider range of acceptable voltage say 6 - 12v

And if it's for a balanced PSU, you would expect it to be "9-0-9"

If it just wants 9 volts AC, giving it DC might even work - unless it was VERY weird and had a second transformer inside ...

But all bets are off without a schematic ...

EDIT - looking at the photo of the PSU, it indeed appears to be a centre-tapped 8-0-8 volt AC supply plus a separate 9V one.
So all becomes clear. Hence the need for a 5 pin plug.

yhst-15436568105612_2269_130247487__83207.1544683719.jpg

Last edited:
Ok so I have this socket in my car, which after 6 years of owning, I’ve realised can be used to connect to an external audio source eg my phone

IMG_7083.jpeg

My car has Bluetooth but it seems to be only for phone calls, not for playing media (car is from 2009). Anyway I’ve never got it to work.

So what cable do I need, to complicate matters I need it to connect into my iPhone SE 3 so it needs to have a lightning connection as there’s no headphone socket on the phone.

Reactions: MBV
Ok so I have this socket in my car, which after 6 years of owning, I’ve realised can be used to connect to an external audio source eg my phone

View attachment 379474

My car has Bluetooth but it seems to be only for phone calls, not for playing media (car is from 2009). Anyway I’ve never got it to work.

So what cable do I need, to complicate matters I need it to connect into my iPhone SE 3 so it needs to have a lightning connection as there’s no headphone socket on the phone.
You just need a standard 3.5mm stereo jack to jack audio cable (get it long enough to put phone in sensible place)
And a lightning to jack adapter.

All bog standard stuff 👍

Not unless I can replace the car tbh which is unlikely.

Thanks danski will get the cables ordered
its possible to get a bluetooth recevier that plugs into a minijack - something like this

Opera Snapshot_2023-06-16_221921_www.amazon.co.uk.png
though ideally not bought from amazon ;)

only problem with these is that IIRC they run on a battery which gets charge by a USB cable and can run down quickly
so the one i linked to there only lasts a couple of hours or so supposedly according to the reviews
shop around and you should be able to get a better longer lasting one.
also can plug a usb charger into the cigarette lighter and recharge it from there

Haven’t got the lightning adaptor yet so can’t yet use my phone but the 3.5mm cable has arrived and just tested it with my tablet, works a treat. Thanks all :)

Back
Top Bottom