Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Identify This Mixer Cable Please

Doctor Carrot

Marxist Henchman
I need a power adaptor for it but can't find it anywhere, mainly because I don't know what to type to search for it. It's for an old numark mixer.

IMG-20230117-WA0002.jpg

Ooooh I'm sure I've seen them on one of my old tape decks - audio in/out? Philips had a similar one but with connectors going round at different angle. I may even have one (I keep everything :oops:). Give me a couple of days and I'll check. Don't remember it being ac in though.

Ooooh I'm sure I've seen them on one of my old tape decks - audio in/out? Philips had a similar one but with connectors going round at different angle. I may even have one (I keep everything :oops:). Give me a couple of days and I'll check. Don't remember it being ac in though.
Oh that'd be great thanks! The only place I've found it is in America but at this price I might as well buy a new mixer.

that seems to have a square type connector at the other end - I think my ones only have the same connectors on the other end, too.

Aaaaaaaaaaah I wasn't paying attention I thought you only needed the cable

Am useless in that case apologies :(

perhaps let us know the precise numark mixer model and it should show up in an old manual, usually online

So you have a faulty power supply ?
There may be a thermal fuse inside that has failed with age ?
That's a very unusual power supply by modern standards.
Two oddly close AC voltages so a bespoke 50HZ transformer.

So you have a faulty power supply ?
There may be a thermal fuse inside that has failed with age ?
That's a very unusual power supply by modern standards.
Two oddly close AC voltages so a bespoke 50HZ transformer.
no its not broken he has lost the cable and needs to buy a new one but doesnt know what to look for to find it

On the other hand it would have been VERY stupid to use a common audio plug and then wire the cable in a non-standard way.

I'm actually asking for a mate so I'll get more info on the make of the mixer and get back to you. He's lost the power supply and has only been able to find that one in America so far.

Actually scrub all I've said, I think that might be a non-standard DIN plug - not actually 180 degrees ...

just replace it with a normal socket... the power supply itself is about the most common you can get, 9V DC... just a mad connector.

just replace it with a normal socket... the power supply itself is about the most common you can get, 9V DC... just a mad connector.
it says 8v and 9v AC
I imagine some clever stuff to eliminate earth loops or something.
It will be a custom-wound mains transformer.

I'm actually asking for a mate so I'll get more info on the make of the mixer and get back to you. He's lost the power supply and has only been able to find that one in America so far.
model number of the mixer would help

e2a: scrap that, found it on that link you posted :facepalm:
ea2a: more googling suggest that that american website is the only one holding it as it's a discontinued product, and that is a 120V supply only, 230V version is this one:
https://instrumentalparts.com/power-adapter-230v-matrix-3/

Last edited:
ohh right so it does

I bet a 12v ac like you use for routers etc would probably work and maybe not blow it up.
maybe being the important word in there:
any piece of electrical equipment operated wrongly can be a smoke machine
I put 21v in a 19v input for a top end vaio laptop once and there it died

maybe being the important word in there:
any piece of electrical equipment operated wrongly can be a smoke machine
I put 21v in a 19v input for a top end vaio laptop once and there it died
I wouldn't do it for a laptop, too delicate. I'd probably risk an old mixer tho they're a lot more sturdy. but not recommending it.

anyway, there is still no plug that would fit so you cant do it, and it's not worth fitting a new socket just so you can connect a power supply that isn't exactly right.

i know nothing about electricity but isnt 8v not very powerful for a piece of kit like this? its less than a 9v battery?

Back
Top Bottom