Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

"ideal for football" - post examples of desperate world cup marketing

el-ahrairah

forward communism, forward gerbils!
in our house we currently have a large tub of greek yoghurt labelled with a football and the slogan "Ideal for football"

it doesn't say how or why this should be the case.

what have you see that is being desperately branded in the hope that some football crazed fool will pick it up cos it's the world cup?

There's that one for tellies where the man tells his wife they need to buy a new one so they can watch SaTC in HD together or something, but it's really for the World Cup.

Because burds don't like footie y'knaa? Only blurks. Burds just like chick flicks and stuff with posh shoes in it. :rolleyes: :facepalm:

The Carrefour next to my mum's house has a massive inflatable football on the roof. unfortunately the weather has been glorious so we've not had a chance to open a Book on the football being blown into the car park.

The Carrefour next to my mum's house has a massive inflatable football on the roof. unfortunately the weather has been glorious so we've not had a chance to open a Book on the football being blown into the car park.

pics please?

i want to see it in situ so you can then take pics of it blown away or deflating sadly.

maxresdefault-960x540.jpg

There's that one for tellies where the man tells his wife they need to buy a new one so they can watch SaTC in HD together or something, but it's really for the World Cup.

Because burds don't like footie y'knaa? Only blurks. Burds just like chick flicks and stuff with posh shoes in it. :rolleyes: :facepalm:
Those adverts are brilliant.

Fat Boy Slim - unofficial dj of the world cup.

i.e. He got himself some gigs in South America.

(to be fair i saw him in Malaysia during his Japan world cup tour and it was pretty damn good)

Pretty much every brand of lager.

Because the English only really consume alcohol over special events - weddings, World cups, days ending in 'y'...

all are shit except the cream soda

Fuck off. that's the only one to avoid. red Cola in particular is a regal beverage.

My fondness for Barr has nothing to do with the fact we used to nick s hundred or so bottles from the cleaning plant every week and take them back to every newsagent,off-licence and chippy e could find to collect the 20p deposits.

I saw an ad for Subway last night which recreated a young Daniel Sturridge being inspired to eat their tat by Pelé, who retired 12 years before Sturridge's birth. Quite why Pelé felt the need to appear in it I'm really not sure.

Today I purchased some Jaffa Cakes, possibly influenced by the picture of a football on it and the word 'gooooaaalll!' on it
:cool:

This from today's popbitch.

By the time England captain Steven Gerrard triumphantly raises the World Cup trophy in the Maracanã stadium on 13 July following England's 5-0 thrashing of hosts Brazil in the final, a cumulative audience of eight billion will have tuned into the world's most popular sporting tournament (figure from Futures Sport +Entertainment).

One of the great joys of the World Cup has always been its ability to create a sense of connection through shared experience. It is a social event at heart. But the 20th FIFA World Cup, which kicks off this week in São Paulo, is set to elevate notions of connectedness and shared experience to new levels.

Despite reports of civil unrest and yet more allegations about FIFA’s moral bankruptcy, most experts are predicting that it will be not only the most ‘social’ World Cup to date, but the most social event to date, far outstripping the last World Cup in 2010 in South Africa, the 2012 London Olympics and this year’s Winter Olympics in Sochi.

"It’s live, it’s public and it’s controversial so we are set up to expect this to be possibly the biggest Twitter event in history," says Lewis Wiltshire, head of global partnerships at Twitter UK – although he cannot make a direct comparison with the 2010 World Cup because its measurement systems have changed.

C.U.N.T.S

Back
Top Bottom