Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

ICE arrest 680 'undocumented immigrants' in a 'YUGE' operation in Mississippi

This is massive... :(:eek::hmm:

US immigration authorities have detained some 680 undocumented immigrants in what a federal prosecutor described as a record-setting operation.

US Attorney for the Southern District of Mississippi Mike Hurst told reporters the arrests took place at seven sites in six different cities in Mississippi on Wednesday. The raids, he said, are "believed to be the largest single-state immigration enforcement operation in our nation's history."

680 undocumented immigrants are arrested in Mississippi - CNN

The raids targeted agricultural processing plants, part of a year-long investigation into illegal employment of immigrants in the state, officials said. They did not say how many individuals they were targeting in the operations, nor what proportion of those taken into custody were what ICE calls “collateral” arrests — those who were swept up along with those ICE was seeking.

ICE acting director Matthew Albence said at a news conference in Jackson, Miss., that some of those arrested will be prosecuted for crimes, others will be swiftly deported, and some will be released pending immigration court hearings. Albence said the raids were part of normal ICE operations that seek to enforce U.S. immigration laws.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immi...1d5cfe-b94e-11e9-b3b4-2bb69e8c4e39_story.html

If they really want to deter illegal workers they would arrest the owner of the company. Meat packing companies almost always hire immigrants. Americans wouldn't put up with the conditions found there. In this case, its this guy:

Joseph Grendys - Wikipedia

He's been accused of all sorts of unsavory practices from abuse of workers to racist business practices:

How a Top Chicken Company Cut Off Black Farmers, One by One — ProPublica

There's a law on the books that you can charge the employer with a crime for hiring illegal workers. It just isn't enforced, although that would be the more efficient way of handling it. Given that, I have to wonder what the purpose of this raid really is.

BTW, Thursday is usually payday for most people in the US. I've noticed that a lot of these raids happen on the Wednesday right before payday. Funny that.:hmm:

Last edited:
The stories of kids getting home and discovering their parents have gone. Ugh

I've often heard of teachers dealing with students that freak out in fear just at the thought of their parents being deported. I can't imagine their reaction to the reality.:(

Seems early in the year for kids to be back to school.

Nonetheless, really sad stuff which achieves nothing but heartache.

Good point. Never thought about it being the school holidays! Regardless, many parents will not be going home, kids may be at home waiting for them or come home to find them gone.

Actually, in some states the school holidays start in May and finish at the beginning of August.

Actually, in some states the school holidays start in May and finish at the beginning of August.

Right so we've got school kids not on holiday, school kids on holiday and out for the day plus school kids at home expecting parents to come home all covered then. Babies and toddlers at daycare. :(

Last edited:
as they say, the cruelty is the point.

www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-metro-christine-quinn-win-ice-homeless-trump-20190808-djlqkfnkkbcdzdvf5kirafifvm-story.html

"Quinn questioned whether this was strictly about access or more about instilling fear among the city’s homeless and immigrant populations. She pointed to President Trump’s announcements of ICE raids in big cities that never actually came to fruition, but led to heightened anxieties."

I wonder if it isn't partly wage theft, given the timing of a lot of raids.

It's fucking horrible but also pointless. Never going to be a strong border between Mexico and US. Destroying families to show you're doing something, pricks
Particularly infuriating that Trump says it’s because ppl who umploy undocumented migrants have an unfair advantage, they are just applying laws and American jobs.... but it’s the workers being arrested and lives ruined not the company owners

Particularly infuriating that Trump says it’s because ppl who umploy undocumented migrants have an unfair advantage, they are just applying laws and American jobs.... but it’s the workers being arrested and lives ruined not the company owners

The company owners are probably donors to the party.

I looked up this particular owner and found:

Donor Lookup

Bad people the worst coming to work in a chicken factory.
I suppouse theres some mad vegan who'd think they were the bad guys but they'd be mad:(

You failed to have the pleasure of butcher shops are worse than belsen fuckwit.

He did come out with this statement in tge hearing of four old schiol jewish communists! It didnt end well for the vegan as ge made a complete hash of trying to explain let alone defend his beliefs:)

You failed to have the pleasure of butcher shops are worse than belsen fuckwit.

He did come out with this statement in tge hearing of four old schiol jewish communists! It didnt end well for the vegan as ge made a complete hash of trying to explain let alone defend his beliefs:)

There are hardcore Jewish vegans out there who compare it to the Holocaust. I don't know anyone who would say that its "worse." To quote Issac Bashevis Singer:

“In their behavior toward creatures, all men are Nazis. Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought.”

― Isaac Bashevis Singer

That's a little OT though.

What happens to these kids now? What harm were their parents causing to be be treated so brutally and inhumanely? I fear it is just sadism, destroying kids like that. No fucks given because they are deemed in the media and politics as, what? Fair targets? You can destroy a kid's mind and heart because of 'white pride'. You can persecute people now without any questions of conscience because they don't have full citizenship? They aren't even dogshit? You've (American govt) leaned on Mexican and other Central and Southern American labour for decades and decades. Now they are vermin? Hey, it plays well with the base.

I don't even see how this is lawful. But I'm fucked if I can see any rationality or down-to-earth reasoning amongst these showboating frauds. Evil fucking bastards the lot of them. They are so patriotic and proud to be American and so hardened against the left and so sure of their own ugly ass that they will revel in destroying children. YOU; the fortunate ones who have everything and want more and more. You ain't worth shit. You will pay or I know nothing. I know if you treat someone like that, for the reasons you do, you will pay.

You fucking cunts. You've got everything but it's not enough is it? You hurt children. Some rebels aren't you? I'm serious, this is why there has to be a hell. You've earned it.

Ice let half of the people go but its still bullshit.
One or 2 people working at a company as undocumented immigrants not a companys problem 100sof course the company knew.

Now ice might have done what the immigration service did to bryons burgers cooperate or else and ice have guns :(

On Facebook the response from the typical Boomer Brigade seems to be a callous "well those parents shouldn't have broken the law!". When I pointed out that full kids' bellies are more important than stupid laws, one of them gave me the whole "well my parents had to jump through hoops to get here, why shouldn't they?"

Not a single damn one of them even attempted to address the whole "tearing families apart" aspect. One certifiable genius even compared illegal immigrants bringing their kids, to the kids of people running a meth lab! :facepalm: :mad:

What the fuck is wrong with America?

Back
Top Bottom