Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How to survive a disaster movie.

I remember a TV movie that Pierce Brosnan did before he finally got the Bond gig - some kind of EU commando trying to take back control of a hijacked nuclear train, that sort on thing.

Then there was The Big Bus!

Where do we stand on 'Speed'

does it count as disaster movie or simply action ?

Well I suppose you have to take is as what would happen if the bus did explode. How many people would die?

Do we have to have a certain death toll for it to be classed as a disaster movie? :hmm:

I enjoyed Speed :D

and furthermore, should a disaster be manmade or be created by accident? :hmm:

There has to be some human blame so that Steve McQueen can shout at someone.

Yes, but should Speed really only be classed as a disaster movie if Steve McQueen was able to say nutter, you wired the bomb incorrectly and it's going to blow up, even though you had no intention of ever really blowing it up? :hmm:

Well I suppose you have to take is as what would happen if the bus did explode. How many people would die?

IIRC, thanks to Keanu's slack-jawed heroics, the bus not only exploded but also took an entire airliner with it. The airliner was taxiing as the bus hit it, so would have had at least some crew on board if not a full complement of passengers.

You could have wrote your own film based on my spreading the virus around Brixton and London and subsequently the world

The film would be better if I had already used you to spread the virus, and now you are desperately trying to get your hands on the antidote - a race against time, to get hold of the cure, which is now speeding across Greater London on a hijacked Networker Class 465 suburban train

The film would be better if I had already used you to spread the virus, and now you are desperately trying to get your hands on the antidote - a race against time, to get hold of the cure, which is now speeding across Greater London on a hijacked Networker Class 465 suburban train

and there's a public transport strike

i'd watch this.

can we have one of those rogue pet alligators that got flushed down the toilet as a baby and grew up eating toxic waste prowling round the sewers eating hobos as well.

i'd watch this.

can we have one of those rogue pet alligators that got flushed down the toilet as a baby and grew up eating toxic waste prowling round the sewers eating hobos as well.
Or even better, toxic tonic wine dissolving tramps à la Street Trash. Has dotty have any acting experience under his belt?

i'd watch this.

I reckon he should be flushed out onto the street after a water mains burst

Armageddon is my fav' disaster movie, is in my fav' movies of all time list as it goes

I much preferred Deep Impact. And Dante's Peak was better than Volcano. Also loved The Day After Tomorrow.

I do also love the classics - Towering Inferno et. al. Disaster films are much maligned but one of my favourite film genres.

That film exists: Alligator, written by indie movie legend John Sayles when he was still doing his Roger Corman apprenticeship. It's great fun:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alligator_(film)

Or even better, toxic tonic wine dissolving tramps à la Street Trash. Has dotty have any acting experience under his belt?
I saw Street Trash at a Scala all-nighter and found it near to unwatchable amateur hour style film-making.

Neither of them are disaster movies.

I much preferred Deep Impact. And Dante's Peak was better than Volcano. Also loved The Day After Tomorrow.

I do also love the classics - Towering Inferno et. al. Disaster films are much maligned but one of my favourite film genres.

Dante's Peak was great, especially the boat bit and the granny getting frazzled

IIRC, thanks to Keanu's slack-jawed heroics, the bus not only exploded but also took an entire airliner with it. The airliner was taxiing as the bus hit it, so would have had at least some crew on board if not a full complement of passengers.
It was being towed and a cargo plane.

Back
Top Bottom