Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How many electricians does it take to wire in a radiator?

Bear in mind that it's a dual fuel radiator so it's already plumbed into the central heating but also has an electric heating element so you can have lovely warm towels without the need to have the central heating on

All they had to do was connect up a wire by taking a spur off a twin socket less than ten feet away

It seems that they managed to nick a water pipe and now we're waiting for a plumber to turn up to fix the leak

You don’t need two electricians for that. Unless they have some lone working policy but that usually applies to working live which they wouldn’t have to do.

Whut ?

How the ... do you wire a radiator ???

e2a - attach earth wires ?
that's assuming the whole system is copper, if there's plastic pipework the earth circuit won't work.

A not qualified electrician famously not an electrician.

"If you're interested in becoming an electrician, you may be wondering: do electricians have to be registered? In short, no. "

It's not even 10 am and you have demonstrated yet another area or knowledge you are wrong about....

"If you're interested in becoming an electrician, you may be wondering: do electricians have to be registered? In short, no. "

It's not even 10 am and you have demonstrated yet another area or knowledge you are wrong about....
What do you think registered means? Because you appear to have replaced the word ‘qualified’ with it.

I don't think i've ever picked up a towel and thought, 'fucking hell, thats just too cold to use.'
I sometimes put the heating on specially before I have a bath so I can warm a towel.

I have sometimes thought about having a dedicated bath towel warmer installed, but I won't be asking High Voltage to recommend someone to fit it

I sometimes put the heating on specially before I have a bath so I can warm a towel.

I have sometimes thought about having a dedicated bath towel warmer installed, but I won't be asking High Voltage to recommend someone to fit it
To be fair the chap we have for doing any and all heating work is spot on it's just that he's only gas qualified. I'd "planned" (but not gotten round to yet) to connecting up the radiator in a remarkably similar way to how it's currently being done, just without the added water element

This reminds me of trying to get a quote to have my floors sanded recently.
The guy came and didn't appear to fancy doing the floors but said he'd decorate, but I'd need to get the walls plastered.
The plasterer came to quote but said I'd need to get an electrician to put back a slightly dangling wall socket and a plumber to take the radiator off so he could plaster behind it.

I did not pursue this plan of action.

Back
Top Bottom