Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

how can we raise donations for social work?

Shrinath Jagtap

http://changeliewithin.blogspot.in/
Hello Guys,
Basically, to do any social work, we have to generate funds. As being a student, it is difficult to raise funds. We can come together and found a group which can work for social change. How to raise fund for such groups?

what sort of social work are you proposing to do and have you a cqsw or similar?
anything social work like donating books to various underprivileged schools, donating clothes to an orphanage etc. I am not a cqsw but running a small NGO in India

Last edited:
You could try fund raising
Funds have to be raised in order to perform activities but; my concern is that why we should depend on the others for funds if we, ourselves can arrange the funds. When we are dependent on the others, there is always constraint on the what work we are doing.

Guys...There is activity named as 'Transforming Maharashtra', an initiative by CM of Maharashtra. I have participated in 'Bridging the digital divide' in Maharashtra. I would like to show it to you. The competition has voting. If I won, then I would get a chance to work with Maharashtra state government. Will you guys support me? Voting is online.

Guys...There is activity named as 'Transforming Maharashtra', an initiative by CM of Maharashtra. I have participated in 'Bridging the digital divide' in Maharashtra. I would like to show it to you. The competition has voting. If I won, then I would get a chance to work with Maharashtra state government. Will you guys support me? Voting is online.
How do we know what you want money the for? I can understand you want a gov job - but I'm not sure why you think should we vote for you.
You'll have to establish yourself here on these boards before anyone here will take you on trust. It might take a year or two of regular posting, and only then if we like you.
Tell us about your project if you want.

How do we know what you want money the for? I can understand you want a gov job - but I'm not sure why you think should we vote for you.
You'll have to establish yourself here on these boards before anyone here will take you on trust. It might take a year or two of regular posting, and only then if we like you.

Play nice, it's a student initiative in India. The website is rather good actually. Not about money, just votes.

Not me. I don't know who you are nor what you're talking about.

I am saying that... if we have a group of 5-10 people. How we can contribute to society. Whenever we do any social activity, we need money. If I don't want to start NGO, then i have to raise money by my own. How this money can be raised? This is my question

I will post an official link where voting and presentation is presented. It's not a government job. Maharashtra Government has asked students to give models for social problems like poverty, draught, digital gap etc. I have submitted one. I want your support just because I know this model will definately work for rural maharashtra.
This is link for voting and presentation: (ed: removed)

I have a link of my blog also but; I won't post here because you would consider me as spam

Last edited by a moderator:
I am saying that... if we have a group of 5-10 people. How we can contribute to society. Whenever we do any social activity, we need money. If I don't want to start NGO, then i have to raise money by my own. How this money can be raised? This is my question
I run a monthly talks forum. Every month, we get 40-50 people. It's been running for 3 years.

We hold the forum in a pub room, which is free (because we are giving them 40-50 drinkers). Everyone who comes pays £3 (a very small amount). The collected money (say £100-£120) goes to the speaker and that means we can invite speakers from all over the country. The talks forum is considered to be an important social/educational contribution to our community.

I didn't need money. I just did a thing and used mostly Facebook to promote.

All you have to do is work the early days until you get a critical mass of people and then the thing takes on its own volition.

Last edited:
I am e
I run a monthly talks forum. Every month, we get 40-50 people. It's been running for 3 years.

We hold the forum in a pub room, which is free (because we are giving them 40-50 drinkers). Everyone who comes pays £3 (a very small amount). The collected money (say £100-£120) goes to the speaker and that means we can invite speakers from all over the country. The talks forum is considered to be an important social/educational contribution to our community.

I didn't need money. I just did a thing and used mostly Facebook to promote.

All you have to do is work the early days until you get a critical mass of people and then the thing takes on its own volition.

This is what I am expecting..! Thanks

I think they find all sorts of size project. Gofundme also does stuff for smaller projects, but I think it may be largely UK based.
Ok...! I have a group where we collect 100₹ each per month. We collect a good amount of money up to 1500₹ per month and we use it for some causes like donating books to rural areas. This is ok for some years but; the time comes when these small activities will become large and 1500₹ per month will not be going to be enough. So, in this case, what do you think I can do?

I will post an official link where voting and presentation is presented. It's not a government job. Maharashtra Government has asked students to give models for social problems like poverty, draught, digital gap etc. I have submitted one. I want your support just because I know this model will definately work for rural maharashtra.
This is link for voting and presentation: (ed: removed)

I have a link of my blog also but; I won't post here because you would consider me as spam

It is a government competition guys... please vote if u like because it can change the future of Maharashtra's rural area...
Transform Maharashtra

Ok...! I have a group where we collect 100₹ each per month. We collect a good amount of money up to 1500₹ per month and we use it for some causes like donating books to rural areas. This is ok for some years but; the time comes when these small activities will become large and 1500₹ per month will not be going to be enough. So, in this case, what do you think I can do?
This is where it might be good to come up with some sort of social enterprise, so ultimately the projects you do pay for themselves in some way. Nearly all charities are run as a business to some extent, but by focussing on the business aspect you may be able to find a way to support more activities in the long run.

Personally I've got a very good business plan that tackles many issues, including education, training, the economy, manufacturing, leadership/management skills, STEM skills, social inclusion, urban regeneration, and a whole load more. It will probably take me quite a long time to even write up the business plan, since there's so much involved. It's also really easy to see ways you can add on other bits and pieces as you work on a project, so it's easy to let things grow to the point where they get out of hand.

Back
Top Bottom