Hold your nose and vote Labour?

Will you vote Labour?

• Yes

Votes: 70 32.1%
  • No

Votes: 148 67.9%

• Total voters
+1
Yeah the vote Labour or you're a Tory line is utter crap when it comes from longtime Labourites. When it comes from flakes like Masks it's doubly ridiculous.

I mean if these people really had politics they'd be joining the Labour, doing door knocking, attending meetings.

Did I dream it or has Keef said that if they get in they will enact actual, meaningful proportional representation, not like the guff the Lib Dem dicks agreed to and failed to get? If so, maybe so try h voting red scum cos real PR could well mean we’ll never get another Tory government.

Even if he had said it, on past performance he is almost guaranteed to abandon it, just as he has with all the other promises he's subsequently gone back on.

My ability to comprehend is just fine, it's your inability to understand paraphrasing that's making you post like a fuckwit.
I'm not deliberately misrepresenting comments to appear edgy mate. Why not try making a coherent argument. I don't give a fuck about your opinion of me

I'll vote for my local MP (Florence Eshalomi) because I like what she has done since being elected, but that is a vote for her rather than them.
I'd voted for the local LD a few times because he was very visible and available to his constituents. You know, doing what an MP is supposed to do but loads of them don't. But the locals went Tory and he retired, so fuck knows what to vote for here. Labour has traditionally parachuted someone in from Islington or sommat, because they don't think it's worth the bother. The local Labour councillors have proven to be good, but that's because they're locals.

I’ve been told if you spoil you ballot paper. It has to recorded and shown to a nominated member of each party. If that’s true it would make sense to write a pertinent message. Something like “ I would have voted Labour if Starmer wasn’t leader “ . Probably more snappier but I’m sure the hive intelligence of Urban can come up with some more

I'm not deliberately misrepresenting comments to appear edgy mate. Why not try making a coherent argument. I don't give a fuck about your opinion of me

I'm not being edgy "mate", it's the ones dismissing the electorate who are engaging in adolescent foolishness. How exactly am I misrepresenting anything? The comment I quoted was unambiguous, it's a bit rich of you go on about coherent arguments when you fail to do so yourself.

I’ve been told if you spoil you ballot paper. It has to recorded and shown to a nominated member of each party. If that’s true it would make sense to write a pertinent message. Something like “ I would have voted Labour if Starmer wasn’t leader “ . Probably more snappier but I’m sure the hive intelligence of Urban can come up with some more
Yes the teller normally gets all the spoilts in a pile , gets someone from each party together in a group and goes through the reasons for each ballot paper being deemed spoilt .

That makes it a bit like MPs' privilege in the HoC - presumably you can say what you like without being done for libel :thumbs:

I'm not being edgy "mate", it's the ones dismissing the electorate who are engaging in adolescent foolishness. How exactly am I misrepresenting anything? The comment I quoted was unambiguous, it's a bit rich of you go on about coherent arguments when you fail to do so yourself.

The two statements I quoted were different, assuming theywere both equally guilty of sneering at the electorate is bad faith.

Stop the meta bullshit and address the substantive issue. I don't care about your bloviating

The two statements I quoted were different, assuming theywere both equally guilty of sneering at the electorate is bad faith.

Stop the meta bullshit and address the substantive issue. I don't care about your bloviating

I'll just run the quote past you again:

"the problem is not with the Tories but the electorate"

That's the quote. Its not the Tories running the country who are the problem, it's the electorate. Apparently it's everyone with the entitlement to vote who are in the wrong, not the people in power. If you think that's not letting the Tory cunts off while sneering at voters, then you're either a truly stupid piece of shit, or you're looking for a scrap. Which is it?

Who chooses the leaders of a party, who chooses their direction and why? Did Corbyn not get ousted because he was thought not to be electable, either by the party or the average voter. Have labour not moved to the right in order to try and get elected. Do you think they would get elected if they moved back to the left. Are they not trying to give the public what the public wants. Starmer and Sunak are almost interchangeable which is not what I want to see and is why I would have difficulty voting labour next time around.

I'll just run the quote past you again:

"the problem is not with the Tories but the electorate"

That's the quote. Its not the Tories running the country who are the problem, it's the electorate. Apparently it's everyone with the entitlement to vote who are in the wrong, not the people in power. If you think that's not letting the Tory cunts off while sneering at voters, then you're either a truly stupid piece of shit, or you're looking for a scrap. Which is it?
thats the quote.

your representation of it is another thing.

The electorate has been manipulated cajoled misrepresented and lied to for decades by increasing levels of media. Many don't have the time or energy to research and separate fact from fiction. The quote then is an entirely reasonable inference and doesn't mean the poster responsible is sneering at the electorate. If you've interpreted it thus, then that's either ignorance or bad faith on your part. Which was it

Who chooses the leaders of a party, who chooses their direction and why? Did Corbyn not get ousted because he was thought not to be electable, either by the party or the average voter. Have labour not moved to the right in order to try and get elected. Do you think they would get elected if they moved back to the left. Are they not trying to give the public what the public wants. Starmer and Sunak are almost interchangeable which is not what I want to see and is why I would have difficulty voting labour next time around.
None of this is what we want. But it's what we've got

The electorate has been manipulated cajoled misrepresented and lied to for decades by increasing levels of media. Many don't have the time or energy to research and separate fact from fiction. The quote then is an entirely reasonable inference and doesn't mean the poster responsible is sneering at the electorate.

Yes it does. It's not the electorate who control the media. It's the Tories. The quote is literally absolving the Tories of responsibility and blaming voters.

Yes it does. It's not the electorate who control the media. It's the Tories. The quote is literally absolving the Tories of responsibility and blaming voters.
You said
Nah, it's those dumb proles' fault for voting wrong, clearly. :rolleyes:

That's your interpretation of an otherwise perfectly rational statement. You are the one stirring the shit. No one else was. You've refused to engage with the point and you're now shitting the bed because you can't back it up. NO one has absolved the tories of their part in all of this nor can you rationally concludefrom the post or poster that they think this in good faith, unless and until they come out and clarify it. Even then your response, which I just quoted, is just passive aggressive unproductive bullshit.

So again, address the substantive issue. I don't care about your personal issues nor this meta nonsense

+1
Yeah the vote Labour or you're a Tory line is utter crap when it comes from longtime Labourites. When it comes from flakes like Masks it's doubly ridiculous.

I mean if these people really had politics they'd be joining the Labour, doing door knocking, attending meetings.
Fortunately then that no one has said that. Nor is it for you to tell me what i should or shouldn't be doing regarding my politics.

Now you're just fucking lying. "the problem is not with the Tories". That's literally absolving them of their part in this.
If you really think that's what the poster said then you're too far gone to continue this. You are just reading what you want into what was said. Now your here doing exactly the same kind of paranoid passive aggressive shit with me by assuming the worst of all intentions. So, in short, fucketh off.

Fortunately then that no one has said that. Nor is it for you to tell me what i should or shouldn't be doing regarding my politics.
Your position (and others) on this and other threads has been that people must vote Labour or otherwise they are supporting the Tories
Again, childish. The claim is never that the opposition will do much. They don't have to do much. They just have to not be the Tories. Fortunately, they aren't, and no amount of childish so called radical hyperbole is going to change that. I make no claims about Starmer that aren't obvious to anyone capable of objectivity. Clearly that's not you as you seem willing to facilitate a Tory return as that's the only alternative on offer. I'm all for direct action and street action, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting

If you really think that's what the poster said then you're too far gone to continue this. You are just reading what you want into what was said. Now your here doing exactly the same kind of paranoid passive aggressive shit with me by assuming the worst of all intentions. So, in short, fucketh off.
Fucketh is one of the words that ought to lead straight to a permaban

Your position (and others) on this and other threads has been that people must vote Labour or otherwise they are supporting the Tories
If you are politically aware enough to make an argument about voting, then you are politically aware enough to be responsible for the consewuences of your decision. I don't think there is anyone here that actually supports Tory policies, but your inaction will facilitate a tory return. That's simply how the system works. You can do what you like, except cry about the consequences and blame other people when you choose a course of action that rejects the least worst option. The right has power in this country, it is a largely conservative country, they are in power right now. All you are doing is throwing people onto the bonfire of ideology.

Back
Top Bottom