Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hogmanay banned!

I heard that the Christians had banned Hogmanay because it's pagan. Cancel culture at its worst. :mad:

Demand they leave Hogmanay alone. Get back to the REAL HOGMANAY with its sacraments.

Of Black Bun? It's made out of the blood of rabbits... :rolleyes:
I thought that was the traditional hairstyle, yon heilan' top-knot in the manner of Rory Mac Dubh of the Lovely Tresses who I'm sure Walter Scott must have mentioned.

Back on topic, though, this hits me harder than a curtailed Christmas.

Christmas for me is only for immediate family. If it wasn’t for my partner and daughters, I wouldn’t bother much with Christmas.

But New Year has always been a time for visiting family and friends for me. It’s always been much more of a social occasion. Last year I didn’t notice any difference to my Christmas at all, but I really felt the loss of New Year.

It’s not just Hogmanay (New Years Eve), but the visitors you have (or the visits you make) on Ne’ersday and the 2nd. That’s always been a time for family and friends to call round on each other and compare hangovers and share a dram and a catch up. I’ll miss all that again this year.

Clearly a devolved issue, but I wonder if Mrs Sturgeon considered lowering the self isolatation time to a couple of negative lateral flows

Back
Top Bottom