Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

"Hm, I fancy a go at that"

I'm afraid I can't sit through a mention of the 10m air rifle without thinking "I could do that"

I managed a new pb in my usual cycle time trial today (from work at 4pm to the delivery office before it closes at half past, 4.5miles in 15 mins:D

Took the dog out on the towpath this aft and almost got mown down by the wannabee Bradly Wigginses.
I don't want to be a sport rower but if I could be arsed to bail the canoe out I might celebrate the rowing golds with a can of ale while I paddle about.

i was wandering as I was walking home from work how many of the cyclists were fancying themselves as Wiggo.. Took extra precautions at the traffic lights.

Anway, I would love to take up cycling, however cars piss me off so much that it would be a non-starter.

The only sport i've thought of now is err, race walking. :cool:

I have been watching the swimmers on the underwater cams, I have never been a very strong swimmer and looking at how they move their arms and legs underwater has given me ideas to improve my own swimming.

Archery I've been meaning to get back into for a while, got a bow (although I think it'd probably be a bit weak for me now)... The cycling has inspired me a bit, but I'm too fat for lycra. Thinking of getting a nice versatile CX (perhaps the new carbon on-one) if I hit some arbitrary weight loss target though. I've got a fixed gear road bike, but am thinking of moving to Sheffield where that may not be quite so useful as it is in London. Got a nice mountain bike too mind you, but if I'm living near the peaks that will clearly be saved for weekends.

I waved my arms and legs about in the pool whilst grinning and pointed my toes and did a handstand, synchonised swimming medals are mine in four years time, clearly.

THIS should clearly be an Olympic event:

There can be no argument whatsoever on this matter.

I'm v tempted by Judo. Did it until I was 11, and - watching it again - am moderately tempted.

Fat boys in a local club throwing each other around ftw. No punching, either!

Have got back on a rowing machine, too, though can't see myself getting back into rowing itself (too many damned rowers involved in rowing).

[second time lucky :facepalm:]

I reckon the triathlon should involve cycling up the Mendips, eating a hearty lunch, cycling down the other side and pitching your tent at Olympic(C) speed, then making a cup of tea.

Swimming - proper swimming, not splashing about in the shallow end.

Partly because of the fitness element, partly because of lovely ladies in swimsuits, and partly under the assumption that fat floats.

Back
Top Bottom