Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Health Screening

Woohoo nice one bet that's a weight off your mine.

Got the all clear last week thanks for asking x
Yes and a little no. The cancer could flair up and if it does, I will be screwed and I really want to give the new job a couple of years at least.
Good news for you too. :)

Yes and a little no. The cancer could flair up and if it does, I will be screwed and I really want to give the new job a couple of years at least.
Good news for you too. :)
My fingers are crossed for you, I really hope you can regain your strength and avoid a relapse :)

First week completed in new job :)
I have been automatically enrolled into the private medical scheme ( which I am in two minds about) and also have got a little life cover, both no questions asked.
It is not quite the job I was expecting, but there are no more shifts, ever.
Working 9-5's Monday to Friday will take some adjusting to at home though for both Mrs Tag and myself.

I have been automatically enrolled into the private medical scheme ( which I am in two minds about) and also have got a little life cover, both no questions asked.
Working 9-5's Monday to Friday will take some adjusting to at home though for both Mrs Tag and myself.
corporate plans for both are often quite broad in their acceptance ( some of the corporate medical insurance plans cover Gender affirming treatment , no private retail plan in the UK does)

Last edited:
Brilliant news :)

I joined my company's private plan too, no qualifying questions or anything.

Private health insurance from my firm is covering my cancer care; it also gives me life cover, which will be handy. Take it and use it if you need to.

Good luck.

It's too late in the day for my cancer care and I'm guessing pre existing conditions excluded. Fortunately I have one of the best lymphoma oncologists out there.

It's too late in the day for my cancer care and I'm guessing pre existing conditions excluded. Fortunately I have one of the best lymphoma oncologists out there.
You'd have to check pre-existing conditions, mine excludes them all - if you have it they'll cover it. Well worth checking the policy.

There was no health assessment prior to employment in my current job, but recently out of the blue we all got emails from a private clinic inviting us to appointments for a healthcheck. Mine was to be 10am in stockholm, and the email said no eating 4 hours before the test as blood sugar would be tested.

The test was to comprise blood tests (haemoglobin, iron, cholesterol, blood sugar), measurement of height, weight, BMI, waist and blood pressure, and a fitness test, for which we were to take gym clothing.

So for multiple reasons this did not sound appealing. For one thing there was nothing in the email to tell me the purpose of the test or how the results are treated (is it confidential to me, or is the employer who pays for the test given copies?) Getting up and travelling by train for a 10am appointment with no breakfast before was not going to be fun either.

I just called them and cancelled without giving a reason and haven’t heard anything more about it.

There was no health assessment prior to employment in my current job, but recently out of the blue we all got emails from a private clinic inviting us to appointments for a healthcheck. Mine was to be 10am in stockholm, and the email said no eating 4 hours before the test as blood sugar would be tested.

The test was to comprise blood tests (haemoglobin, iron, cholesterol, blood sugar), measurement of height, weight, BMI, waist and blood pressure, and a fitness test, for which we were to take gym clothing.

So for multiple reasons this did not sound appealing. For one thing there was nothing in the email to tell me the purpose of the test or how the results are treated (is it confidential to me, or is the employer who pays for the test given copies?) Getting up and travelling by train for a 10am appointment with no breakfast before was not going to be fun either.

I just called them and cancelled without giving a reason and haven’t heard anything more about it.
Don't blame you. For GDPR reasons I would expect them to have been very clear on that.

Back
Top Bottom