Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hardest Geezer: Youtube channel

Mumbles274

running from law and the press and the parents
I suppose I like this kind of thing coz my dad walked from John o groats to lands end for charity and if youtube had existed then it could have been filmed like this.. Not that my dad would have done lol

I hope he makes it and raises the money for the charities. Anyway. When people have watched the videos, well, that's probably who the thread is for!

My dad also organised legitimate marathon competitions so someone could complete a Guinness world record of most marathons in a year (at the time).. There was a dry spell over Christmas and new year with no registered marathons do my dad, who had already organised one marathon for charity put on 1 a day for the days he was missing... A legal and registered marathon for 1! Think there were 12 days of them, mostly back to back days!

My dad also organised legitimate marathon competitions so someone could complete a Guinness world record of most marathons in a year (at the time).. There was a dry spell over Christmas and new year with no registered marathons do my dad, who had already organised one marathon for charity put on 1 a day for the days he was missing... A legal and registered marathon for 1! Think there were 12 days of them, mostly back to back days!
Was that for Steve Edwards? Think he’s done over 1000?

Been running a double marathon for the last few days.. Not only is it his longest distance in a day ever... He's done it at the end of the whole thing. His support crew are pretty amazing too.. Especially Guus

I couldn’t tell which one he was. A shame the crowd didn’t hang back a bit so he could break through the tape all on his own.

An amazing achievement.

I’ll go back and watch some of the vids.

Did his feet change shape as he ran? I feel like someone made that claim a few years ago.

I bet he’s gonna feel weird for a while after this: not going to bed and waking up with nothing but running in between.

I normally hate these BBC Breakfast clickbait fuckers (the walking dads etc) but I did see an interview with him and he actually seemed like less of a do gooding dick than most of the self-satisfied people who do these charity runs/hikes/climbs in the name of a charity when we all know it's just for their own personal gain of points amongst their social group

It does sound kind of compelling. But on the other hand, I hate these look at me doing my adventures in some exotic place while you sit there eating your Weetabix in your bedsit. I do not eat Weetabix or live in a bedsit. But you know what I mean.
Still think that?

Apparently he's not actually the first person to do this, some Danish bloke did it ten years ago with a little less fanfare

Last edited:
One line that really stood out to me was,
"you don't have to be scared of weirdos roaming around at night, when you ARE the weirdo roaming around at night"

It's hardly comparable but a lot of our night rides in Stoke were in some really dodgy areas, up and down the canals and disused trainlines way after midnight... it took me months to overcome the fear, but this guy must have some major balls to just be alone through the night in some of those places.

been thinking the same thing about the name! hope he's not another Captain Tom.

how does he pay for it all/survive? I'd quite like to do a challenge for a year but I'd have no money...

He's Russ Cook. He's from Worthing. He's tun the length of Africa (160000km) and raised more than 700k of money for charity.

His living expenses would have been minimal but his back up crew would have cost something (people in a jeep carrying tent, water, first aid, food). That cost will have come out of the money raised. As it should.

He hadn't seen his girlfriend for 16 months because of this. She met him at the end.

Even Soft Play (ex Slaves) flew out at the end to play a gig for him. He's done an incredible thing in terms of fund raising and human endeavor.

He was asked in GMTV this morning if when he got back would he expect to do a walk with Rishi Sunak as Forrest Gump met the President. He laughed and went "I think I'm alright". Instead they offered to buy him a Gregg's sausage roll when he got back as he said that was the biggest thing he missed.

He got faster and ran further the more days in he was.

And yet, some mock. Because we're all superheroes ourselves aren't we :(

he sounds like suuuuch an ordinary guy. WOW.

I was just idly wondering in the spirit of other posts on the thread to be honest, but if you're going to go all GMTV melodramatic on me then I will counter with the fact I don't think it's 'heroic' at all.

he sounds like suuuuch an ordinary guy. WOW.

I was just idly wondering in the spirit of other posts on the thread to be honest, but if you're going to go all GMTV melodramatic on me then I will counter with the fact I don't think it's 'heroic' at all.
I feel sorry for you

Back
Top Bottom