Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Handwriting Recognition software/gadgets in the sunlit uplands of the 21st Century...

Throbbing Angel

Well-Known Membrane
Hello,

I like writing by hand sometimes. I know!

I have joint issues and some days typing is easiest, some days dictating is more manageable and others handwriting is easier. My problem(s), I know.

But what I really do object to is doing things twice. If I make handwritten notes on paper, which is my current system, if I need an electronic version I have to do one of the others as well to make it so. How shit is that?

So I want to handwrite onto a tablet and have this turn it into something akin to a Word Doc that I can spell/sense/check etc.

I have an iPad - hate their Pencil and find it awkward to use. Suggestions about better styluses and screen protectors are welcome.

I also have a Samsung S6 Lite tablet. I like their S-Pen and find it much easier to use than an Apple Pencil for some reason.

SO - software - the current notes apps are not great. If possible I would like something that learns my handwriting style - is that a thing? In the same way that Google's voice recognition learns my voice/accent.

AND if the software is Apple only, better, easier to hold apple compatible pencil type devices would be good.

OR, am I looking at going for summat like a Remarkable e-ink thing? I have no idea how good handwriting recognition is on such devices.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom