Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamlet v #

I hope the club stocked up on alcohol free beer for this match. I'm sure there was plenty of intolerable types in the crowd wanting to proudly drink it and loudly crow to anyone within earshot about how brilliant they are for 'doing dry January'.

(Apologies for being a snarky twat)

Great win, just about managed to see the goals. First Saturday home game for a while, you could really tell there were 3334 people there today

Cracking game. Could have gone either way. Great performances from Scott ( looks an excellent player now) Jeffrey and Chambers i thought and also think Ricketts had his best game by far. Credit to Hakan in going for it at the end with Shonibure replacing Ricketts..

Great win, just about managed to see the goals. First Saturday home game for a while, you could really tell there were 3334 people there today
It really is too packed with that many people crammed in. Unless you wedge yourself into position against the railings or bag a seat - or are hugely tall - you're likely to miss loads of the action.

The toilets opposite stand was packed. So much so it was near dangerous walking though the people standing in the yellow hatched areas at half time

If Hamlet admit they can't afford to get promoted due to alcohol sales, which I read is 70% of the income, surely it would be prudent to allow less people in the ground so those that are in can enjoy the game in a bit more comfort, and those that come for the beer garden with a side show of a football match, queue up less and probably buy more pints anyway.

Cracking game. Could have gone either way. Great performances from Scott ( looks an excellent player now) Jeffrey and Chambers i thought and also think Ricketts had his best game by far. Credit to Hakan in going for it at the end with Shonibure replacing Ricketts..
You literally wrote my post Al. Add Manny to that as I thought he was an absolute rock. 🤛🏻

Had a couple of Hashtag supporters sitting behind me, who’s sons were playing for them - they picked out Scott as particularly impressive for us.

Also had a dad with his two small sons next to me who he was taking to their first football match, they all thought it was a great afternoon out. Amazing what a positive result can do.

It really is too packed with that many people crammed in. Unless you wedge yourself into position against the railings or bag a seat - or are hugely tall - you're likely to miss loads of the action.
Yup we had group behind us talking loudly about the merits of Harry Maguire.

A decent contest against opponents with only 4 previous league defeats this season, and after conceding yet another equaliser Hamlet hit back to regain the lead, the first time we've won after conceding an equaliser this season.

We had the better of the first half chances, with Clifton bursting through the centre but shooting too close to the keeper, while Wanadio went close from a direct free kick that was touched onto the crossbar by their keeper. Hashtag's closest first half effort came when Lakin left his box, causing a misunderstanding with Chambers, and a forward rolled a speculative shot just wide from long range. Allen had to go off after barely a quarter of an hour after taking a kick to the head, with Shokunbi making a rare league appearance to replace him from the bench.

It didn't take long for Hamlet to establish an advantage after the break. A patient passing move shifted the play from right to left, allowing Jeffrey to dart inside and drive into the box, and although a challenge dispossessed him the ball ran loose for Scott to fire inside the keeper's right hand post from 16 yards. As usual we began dropping, or were forced, deeper as the visitors had their best spell of the game. Our tenuous lead had already been tested by one shot cleared off the line at full stretch by Braham-Barrett, then another rebounding from the post was knocked in by a player standing offside. With 12 minutes to go a high diagonal cross eluded our centre backs and was met by a spectacular flying header into the roof of the net for the equaliser. I don't recall any real alarms at the back after that, as we became more assertive in search of the winner. An overhit cross from Shokunbi landed on top of the crossbar well beyond the keeper's reach, then a great far post cross from Jeffrey was headed back against the opposite post by the towering figure of Mills. With just 3 minutes plus stoppage time remaining, a final throw of the tactical dice replaced Ricketts with Shonibare, and 2 minutes later it was Shonibare who swivelled onto a low cross near the penalty spot and hit a shot that had just enough legs to cross the line despite the keeper getting a big hand on it.

I liked the look of Hatfull on my first sight of him in our colours. He looks quick and alert, and a good fit for our team.

Thought a lot of the team played really TBH. Scott looked so good, wanadio looked good as always, and Parry was strong at the back. Jeffery’s pace looked to really trouble the # defence as well.
Only negative I saw, potentially highlighted by the fact I was stood right behind him in the second half was Hatfull who seemed slightly out of his depth.

Only negative I saw, potentially highlighted by the fact I was stood right behind him in the second half was Hatfull who seemed slightly out of his depth.
Thought he got a bit exposed in the second half after a solid first 45 minutes. To be fair, Hashtag had decent wide players who they went through a lot, and mostly down our right.

Thought he got a bit exposed in the second half after a solid first 45 minutes. To be fair, Hashtag had decent wide players who they went through a lot, and mostly down our right.
Yeah I could be being harsh, was on the opposite side of the pitch in the first half. Seemed to lose a bit of composure as the game went on too, he made a slightly rash clearance at one point when a pass to wanadio was on. It seemed Parry and Chambers were coming across to cover for him more and more. But I suppose that again could have been a product of the hashtag wingers’ strength. Their 17 did look good

Thought the atmosphere behind the goal was incredible today, even before the winner. More and more people getting sucked into the Rabble's orbit.

If we can manage to make the new ground somewhere that isn't an acoustic black hole, we could end up with a claim to one of the best atmospheres in the country.

Yeah I could be being harsh, was on the opposite side of the pitch in the first half. Seemed to lose a bit of composure as the game went on too, he made a slightly rash clearance at one point when a pass to wanadio was on. It seemed Parry and Chambers were coming across to cover for him more and more. But I suppose that again could have been a product of the hashtag wingers’ strength. Their 17 did look good
I more or less had the reverse angle, being level with our 18 yards line on his side in the first half. I don't recall him being beaten and he put in some great challenges and accurate clearances in those 45 minutes. I wasn't really watching Hatfull closely after half time but their #17 was substituted after 60 minutes.

The toilets opposite stand was packed. So much so it was near dangerous walking though the people standing in the yellow hatched areas at half time
If the yellow hatching is part of the ground safety requirements then it needs to be enforced. Getting out at the end of the game is bad enough - I hate to think what would happen if there was any sort of medical emergency.

Really enjoyed that game today. Result could have gone either way but very pleasing to see Dulwich regain the lead after being pegged back again. We were fascinated by Wanadio's 3 pinged crosses across the entire pitch in the space of 2 mins. If memory serves the third eventually lead to the Shonibare's winner.

Back
Top Bottom