Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamlet v #

If the yellow hatching is part of the ground safety requirements then it needs to be enforced. Getting out at the end of the game is bad enough - I hate to think what would happen if there was any sort of medical emergency.
And, apart from that... Good performance all round. More solid defensively. Hatfull was fine in the 1st half - under more pressure in the second but did a good job of keeping his winger away from the danger area. The reshuffle of the midfield left him short of options to play out - sometimes hoofing it is the best option.
Do AJ and Luke spend the whole training session pinging crossfield balls at each other? Loving the confusion it's causing in the crowd.
Atmosphere in the Toilets Opposite improved in the second half - the YouTube song got everyone involved - and the Harry Maguire fans p#ssed off which lowered the irritation level!

If the yellow hatching is part of the ground safety requirements then it needs to be enforced. Getting out at the end of the game is bad enough - I hate to think what would happen if there was any sort of medical emergency.
I did think the same thing, it was proper rammed

Nice for us to get a late winning goal for once after Chatham and others where we’ve been the ones conceding.

I thought Hatfull had a good game. He’s nippy, got good feet and actually looks like he knows how to play the role of a full back - a good addition and one of maybe 2 defenders that I’d currently want to keep for next season.

We were fascinated by Wanadio's 3 pinged crosses across the entire pitch in the space of 2 mins. If memory serves the third eventually lead to the Shonibare's winner.

These were awesome, I think he found his man each time, I don't think I've seen anything like it at Champion Hill. Needs the team to know and trust each other, so great to see.

Reflections 24 hours later is that last minute winners are so sweet, and we have been on the wrong end of them too many times this season.

Loved the emotion pouring out of the stands when it went in, and the emotion from Hak and the bench at the final whistle.

TO was the busiest I have ever seen it, but queues were reasonable in the clubhouse before and in other places later. They ran out of pies and sausage rolls before I could get my hands on one but a big bowl of chips kept the cold away at half time.

Encouraging stuff on the park too, great to have Scott back and I think that's the first time him and Allen have started together.

Onwards to Hastings!

Encouraging stuff on the park too, great to have Scott back and I think that's the first time him and Allen have started together.
It's just a shame about Allen's head injury inside the first 5 minutes that forced him off shortly afterwards, especially after the nasty one he got in pre-season. I hope he'll be OK and hopefully available again next weekend, although Alfie Egan will now offer extra competition for that position. We've still got Kresh to return too, so hopefully Hak is closer to having the sort of squad he wants.

It's just a shame about Allen's head injury inside the first 5 minutes that forced him off shortly afterwards, especially after the nasty one he got in pre-season. I hope he'll be OK and hopefully available again next weekend, although Alfie Egan will now offer extra competition for that position. We've still got Kresh to return too, so hopefully Hak is closer to having the sort of squad he wants.
I asked Kresh how long when passing him near the tunnel yesterday and he said it’s going to be 6-8 weeks out think he said it was his MCL. So even more important that we have another midfielder in the ranks, real shame for Kresh in the middle of a really good season for him.

Best highlights i have seen from any level which of course is their core attraction. I wonder how much money they make through their chsnnel with advertising and subcriptions. Nice words about our support too.

Best highlights i have seen from any level which of course is their core attraction. I wonder how much money they make through their chsnnel with advertising and subcriptions. Nice words about our support too.
I've no idea how much money they raise, but just for comparison a quick look shows they have 230,000 Twitter followers compared to our 35,900. This highlights package has already been viewed 100,000 times in less than 24 hours, whereas our last highlights of the home game against Horsham has had 6,300 views.

Our dilemma is that if we do anything that increases the number of people who actually want to attend our games we simply can't accommodate them on a matchday. A capacity crowd for a bog standard mid-table league non-league match, with people watching in trees and on walls outside the ground, is bonkers.

That is a massive difference on the social media numbers front. Does not seem to increase ther actual crowd numbers much though. I imagine this is food for thought for clubs like us who have a high profile, to expand in his area. The highlights package for our existing fans and increasing a social media connection across the world with the financial benefits that come with it.

That is a massive difference on the social media numbers front. Does not seem to increase ther actual crowd numbers much though. I imagine this is food for thought for clubs like us who have a high profile, to expand in his area. The highlights package for our existing fans and increasing a social media connection across the world with the financial benefits that come with it.
There is, however, the open question about whether we would actually want a significant amount of our revenue to come from overseas.

Many people have started coming to watch this club precisely because it is a part of the local community, and run by people in the local community. That potentially changes if the club becomes an internet-friendly "lifestyle" club (the extreme version of which is probably Venezia, who these days are basically a fashion brand with a football club attached).

That's not an arguement against investing in highlights and coverage at all, but it's worth remembering that all financial benefits come with strings attached.

I've no idea how much money they raise, but just for comparison a quick look shows they have 230,000 Twitter followers compared to our 35,900. This highlights package has already been viewed 100,000 times in less than 24 hours, whereas our last highlights of the home game against Horsham has had 6,300 views.

Our dilemma is that if we do anything that increases the number of people who actually want to attend our games we simply can't accommodate them on a matchday. A capacity crowd for a bog standard mid-table league non-league match, with people watching in trees and on walls outside the ground, is bonkers.
To be fair we do have one of non-league's biggest fans' forums (over 93,000 posts to date) so we've done pretty well out of social media*

*even if this site predates social media!

Pics!

In photos: Dulwich Hamlet take all three points after a hard fought battle with Hashtag United, Sat 6th Jan 2024

In photos: Dulwich Hamlet take all three points after a hard fought battle with Hashtag United, Sat 6th Jan 2024

Ted Curd, the Hashtag keeper for this match, was on the bench for Chelsea tonight in their League Cup semi-final win against Middlesbrough.

Back
Top Bottom