Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamlet v Hastings Utd, Isthmian Premier Division, Saturday 19th August 2023

Disappointing indeed - very bitty
but surely lets not right off the season so early
even Man City started slowly last season
but we do need a goal scorer - cannot always hoof ball in to Mills
great penalty save (never a pen) and will defend Ming all day (I was right next to the incident - Vose was up for it just as much and ref close by)

One positive from Saturday, I bought a programme for the first time in years and it was a good read.

Clever idea to put them at the bar (maybe they've always been their and I've just not noticed?).

Well done to the team putting it together

Agree - a much needed update to the programme design and some great content.

As far as I know...programmes have been on sale from the bar, turnstiles and the designated programme seller (usually just inside the turnstiles near the fencing at the corner of the pitch) since last season. You can buy them using card payment from the turnstile or bar. The designated programme seller who normally stands just inside the turnstiles is cash only.

but we do need a goal scorer - cannot always hoof ball in to Mills

I think we have one in Elliot Romain, but he's injured!
And Pingling, who scored on his debut less than a week ago. The problem for me was failing to give Mills enough close support. Playing potential goalscorers in a formation that doesn't get the best out of them was a recurring issue during many seasons under Gavin Rose, right back to sticking Frankie Sawyer on the left wing more than a decade ago. I was hoping we'd seen the last of that after Hakan almost coaxed a poor squad into surviving by playing George Porter as a second striker at the end of last season. Mills won plenty of the balls played up to him, but no one else was close enough to take advantage.

JJ Walker for Hastings had a great impact - to be fair (better known as Femi Akinwande)
for some it was Vose - but felt Walker was the stand out

Last edited:
Pics!

'The midfield is a mess' - Dulwich Hamlet lose at home to Hastings United , Sat 19th August 2023

'The midfield is a mess' - Dulwich Hamlet lose at home to Hastings United , Sat 19th August 2023

Hmm. Deeply unimpressive. Crap from Tumkuya and Ruddy.

A bit harsh on Ruddy - mistake for the winner but saved a pen and made a couple of other decent saves earlier. Maybe some over-reaction by folks (one way or the other) to both home games so far? Mercifully not as much as Oldham fans on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom