Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas - influences, ideology etc

Assuming it's being held by the IDF, that'd make sense, I think there's a thing of holding enemy flags upside-down as a sign of disrespect.

Anyway, it seems like this might be an appropriate place to ask, does anyone know what this refers to? From here: The Descent from Fantasy to Reality in the "Arab-Israeli Conflict"

The older AWW article also mentioned:

Which I think I remember, don't think I was aware of anything happening this July though.
Well they're under siege.

Interesting discussion about the ideological drivers of Hamas (amongst the wider conflict and current events):

of course, he is on one side and is talking at a time when the attack is raw.
but his take was they care nothing for 'this world' and are fixated on death, martyrdom and heaven. and they are anti-peace, which has been discussed elsewhere.

Obviously israel's behaviour is a factor

One particular example of Israeli behavior seems to have been the immediate factor that caused the invasion. This was a very big deal to the Arabs, though I haven't seen it reported at all in the Western media:

One particular example of Israeli behavior seems to have been the immediate factor that caused the invasion. This was a very big deal to the Arabs, though I haven't seen it reported at all in the Western media:

yes, certainly the random murder of men, women and children seems the only possible response to that :rolleyes:

You mean they only started planning this invasion on 5th October? :confused:

of course, he is on one side and is talking at a time when the attack is raw.
but his take was they care nothing for 'this world' and are fixated on death, martyrdom and heaven. and they are anti-peace, which has been discussed elsewhere.
Who is the "they" here? The leadership or the fighters on the ground. Research has shown that the fixation on heaven is rarely the motive for violence. I think it was in Scot Atran's Talking to the enemy that I read about Hamas not liking to recruit the 70 virgins lads because they were unreliable and interested in instant gratification rather than having the dedication and self disciple to get shit done.

Who is the "they" here? The leadership or the fighters on the ground. Research has shown that the fixation on heaven is rarely the motive for violence. I think it was in Scot Atran's Talking to the enemy that I read about Hamas not liking to recruit the 70 virgins lads because they were unreliable and interested in instant gratification rather than having the dedication and self disciple to get shit done.
have a listen but pretty sure he is talking about 'Hamas' as a whole.

You mean they only started planning this invasion on 5th October? :confused:

Hamas decided to launch their operation after the rabbis stormed (and attempted to flood) the al-Aqsa mosque on 10/05. The clue is in the name.

Despite this fact being completely obvious and very important, have you seen it mentioned in the British or American press?

Hamas decided to launch their operation after the rabbis stormed (and attempted to flood) the al-Aqsa mosque on 10/05. The clue is in the name.

Despite this fact being completely obvious and very important, have you seen it mentioned in the British or American press?

Decided to brand their operation, I think you mean.
And yes to the second question.

stop presenting highly debatable opinion as fact.

"a real red line" for Hamas? but ok with kiling babies? fuck off.

It's not debatable that 800 rabbis invading and attempting to destroy the al-Aqsa mosque is a red line for Muslims (not just Hamas), as the world has just witnessed.

OK, I must have missed it. Got a link?

I can’t remember whether it was on internet - might have been on TV, so if I found you a link now it would just be by searching for it.

Was within a day or two of the initial attack, though.

Would have been the BBC or Channel 4. Possibly both.
But sorry, you did say "press" - I assumed this included stuff like BBC website.
""I am happy with what Hamas has done so far, taking revenge for Israeli actions at al-Aqsa," a young man in Gaza City told the BBC, referring to the recent rise in Jewish visitors to the compound in Israeli-annexed East Jerusalem during the high holidays."

""I am happy with what Hamas has done so far, taking revenge for Israeli actions at al-Aqsa," a young man in Gaza City told the BBC, referring to the recent rise in Jewish visitors to the compound in Israeli-annexed East Jerusalem during the high holidays."

That report claims the guy was "referring to the recent rise in Jewish visitors to the compound in Israeli-annexed East Jerusalem during the high holidays."

That's a completely disingenuous, deliberately misleading statement. I've posted what he was referring to above.

Seriously, the Western MSM is refusing to report the true cause of the invasion. It's a disgrace.

Because they didn't, it was planned since 2022 as the recovered documents demonstrate clearly.

He, like some others, has a position and then finds the 'facts' to back that position up. And denying facts he doesn't like. Those things and making shit up.

Because they didn't, it was planned since 2022 as the recovered documents demonstrate clearly.

I know but the desecration of the mosque was the immediate cause. That's why they named the operation after it. Probably thought they'd give us a clue.

This is new and quite interesting on the relationship between Hammas and Israel and the Palestinian Authority.

well worth a read, thanks.
some of the 'experts' asked 'does anyone benefit from the israel-hamas war' in the link below seems to share tareq baconis views.

The ones that were recovered, and no but I believe they are.
I have not seen this in the news. I find it hard to believe that Hamas left some documents lying around that the IDF recovered. However, I agree that this operation must have been planned for many months.

"the recovered documents demonstrate clearly." Which documents are these? Can you be sure they are authentic?
The Hamas attackers filmed themselves with the documents and then filmed themselves carrying out the atrocities detailed in the documents, so I think that's pretty definitive as to whether they're authentic.

I have not seen this in the news. I find it hard to believe that Hamas left some documents lying around that the IDF recovered. However, I agree that this operation must have been planned for many months.

"Lying around." You do know lots of Hamas were killed and captured right? I posted a video analysing some of these documents.

The Hamas attackers filmed themselves with the documents and then filmed themselves carrying out the atrocities detailed in the documents, so I think that's pretty definitive as to whether they're authentic.

FAKE NEWS INNIT.

Fucking hell some of the deniers on here are incredible.

Some screenshots from the videos live streamed by Hamas where they were using the maps in the plans found on their bodies.

Reactions: LDC
Back
Top Bottom