Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Halloween "costume"

lolo

am going to a haunted hollywood halloween party on saturday and have no costume - what can i put together from my own wardrobe - help - i am rubbish at this sort of thing

am going to a haunted hollywood halloween party on saturday and have no costume - what can i put together from my own wardrobe - help - i am rubbish at this sort of thing
M/F? This matters as it narrows down what clothing you've already got.

true. Elvira from the munsters or Morticia from Adams family should be simple, its about gothing up and wearing a classic dress....

oh sorry - i is a girl
All righty then! Something as glamourous as possible, then add fake blood, splatted on at the last minute. Make sure that the fake blood is washable unles syou're happy to write off the outfit.

FWIW if you've got a full length of at least knee length satiny nightie/slip/chemise, you could get away with being the heroine in more or less any horror film, just pair that with full make up and very obviously done hair. Fake blood optional, as previously mentioned.

ah i think i can get a cheapy nightie from primark and happily chuck fake blood on it... im rubbish at make up and stuff though - not much of a real girl to be fair

<snip> rubbish at make up and stuff though - not much of a real girl to be fair
Who is? For one of the B movie horror heroines, all you need is bright red or dark red lips, to make it more obvious when you scream. :D

ah i think i can get a cheapy nightie from primark and happily chuck fake blood on it... im rubbish at make up and stuff though - not much of a real girl to be fair
zombies are not traditionally known for their flair with brushes and sponges, just slap it on with bright lips as Greebo says and you'll be just fine

I need to find an orange boiler suit, I want to go as a early 90s r'n'b lass in orange boiler suit rolled down to the waist, black vest, timberland boots, Bjork style knobs, but have candy skull face paint.

Go as Zombie Kurt cobain, grunge clothing is easy jeans, sneaks, tshirt, flannel shirt over the top just stick some bloody dried porridge to the back of your head for the brains, draw a beard on, zombie up your face voila, Zombie Cobain, not in the best of taste but meh.

Try that shop in Streatham which sells work clothes for men - the one on the corner near St Leonard's church.

I would love to G, but I live in New Milton about 200 miles away :(:( I am however gonna pop to our local hardware shop and if I strike out go to the army and navy shop across the road see if I can get something like that in there, if not I will buy a flannel shirt and go as grunge candy skull girl instead. :D

thread-banger-sharknado-halloween-600x369.jpg

FWIW if you've got a full length of at least knee length satiny nightie/slip/chemise, you could get away with being the heroine in more or less any horror film, just pair that with full make up and very obviously done hair. .

Oooh Fay Wray in King Kong just flashed across the widescreen in my head...

:D

*lightbulb moment* Red long sleeved top, head and body swathed in several thick layers of red and white netting, thick white or blue pyjama cord left dangling - used tampon.

Edited to add: I've just grossed VP out with the outline of that costume idea. Maybe next year...:hmm:

Last edited:
failed to get to the shop for shirt/boiler suit, have bought a pumpkin face mask just in case... though I will be miffed if I do end up being a pumpkin

Back
Top Bottom